used sysprep.exe to create an Image

avito

Hallo

I have used the sysprep.exe to create an Image with Ghost 2003.

Anytime I have copied the image on a new computer I was asked for a Product key. The Problem is that I have used the same Product key for all 6 Computers. Now each computer wants to be activated.

Is there any chance that I will be abele to activate them?

It doesn't matter that you used sysprep and ghost here.

You're basically asking microsoft to activate 6 different computers with the same key... Of course they won't. But, there is a tool to change your key, just google it. (you still have to have 6 different "paid for" keys that you can activate) Unless that was a VLK - which wouldn't need to be activated.

Well, if it was a VLK (not the case) you would not need to, but otherwise your windows has to be activated no matter what.

I believe I had seen a way to backup your existing activation, but of course it would be for a specific computer only, and would need to be updated with hardware changes and such...

-activated only prevents resetting the activation timer. It doesn't activate your windows by any means.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It really worked. I have copied from one activated Computer the wpa.dpl and pasted it to the Destination Computer. (Where I have installed the Image before)

I have done it just once, but I am sure that it will work on the other 5 Computer as well.

Thanks for you help, I really appreciate that!