Cannot install slipstreamed Win XP SP2

My computer has been doing some weird stuff lately...For one thing, it randomly reboots, and not like "windows is shutting down, closing network connections", etc, but I click something and the next thing I know is its asking me to press del to enter CMOS config like i just hit the power button to turn the comp on. The really strange thing about that is Windows doesnt try to do a HD scan when you log in like it does if you just hold the power button down to turn the comp off. Also, internet explorer is being retarted (as well as netscape, AIM, and shareaza): They wont let me connect to the internet in any way, shape, or form, even though I can ping google, yahoo, MSFN, (all under 50 ms, i might add) etc from the command box/DOS promt thingy.

I am running XP Pro SP2, all latest drivers and software revisions, all updates, etc. Hardware is P4 2.4GHz, 512RAM, RealTek Ethernet Card. I have checked for viruses with norton using the latest definitions, and have checked for spyware w/ Spybot S&D.

Could be a SP2 issue. I am battling to install my slipstreamed XP sp2. It gets stuck in a loop after install. When I installed sp2 on top of Windows XP sp1, I got memory errors all the time.

I just cannot get slipstreamed SP2 to install. My hardware is MSI K7N2 Delta ILSR with Amd 2800+ Barton CPU. XP installs fine up to the first reboot. When it is suppost to show the Windows XP starting up screen, the PC just reboots itself. Last time I tried, I had the "Critical Update for Windows XP (KB885626)" install before DotNet 1.1 at the 12 min mark. It is still doing the same thing. I also have the latest bios update.

I installes SP2 once after installing slipstreamed XP sp1, and had endless memory errors.

Do anyone know how to resolve this isssue?

When you slipstream sp2 into an already sliptreamed SP1 version, then the errors are comming from that problem. when slipstreaming sp2, be sure to have a clean unslipstreamed install copy on your disk, and slipstream SP2 into that clean distrobution. i did the same thing once, and also popped a lot of memory errors

I hope I can help.

1. if you cant access web pages, put can ping out in the internet, you probubly have spyware on you system that has recked you WinSock. Check this webiste http://www.majorgeeks.com/ under spyware and get some removal tools, I would sudgest getting adaware, spybot and spysweeper. To fix you internet connection get a program called WinSockXP Fix (worked everytime for me), then you can update the deffinitions in those spyware removal programs and get rid of the crap on your system. Then go to here http://www.housecall.trendmicro.com to scann your system for the latest viruses. it seems that you could have a remote control program running on your system.

2. It could be your power supply.

I have "Windows XP Home Edition with SP1a" as an OEM and have installed SP2, no problems. I am in the process of creating the SP2 slipstream but didn't relise that their might be problems caused by SP1(a). I suggest deleting the .sp1 file from the drive root and the sp1.cab file from the i386 folder. Either that or replacing the SP1 files with the SP2 files keeping the old name. Either setup will think its an SP2 CD or it will just fail altogether. Im using CD-RW's to avoid ending up with coasters. I will let you know the results tomorrow (or when I get on the Internet next)