SP2 Clean install hangs?

chronik

For some reason, iam getting random hangs ever since i installed sp2 final .. at first i thought it was from nlite .. so i installed a clean sp1 sliped to sp2 .. that didnt work .. so i installed sp1 and then installed sp2 after that .. and iam still getting the same problem? its a clean install everything use to work just find before sp2 final (betas worked fine) .. the more obvious crash i get is when i try to add an attachment to an email through hotmail or gmail or any other mail .. as long as it is an attachment .. other hangs MIGHT be from windowsupdate.com auto update running in the background .. i have the newest stable (WDM) drivers of all my hardware .. anyone have a clue? this is like my 8 th install this night .. would apperciate any help .. heres a list of my hardware

p.s the hang happens even when i have nothing installed except for the standard software that comes with windows with NOD32 Admin editon with latest virus def and standard windows firewall enabled

2.8ghz pentium 4 800fsb

msi 875 neo2

1gb ddr400 ram (kingston, no i already checked the ram for errors its not it)

geforcefx 5700

120 sata matrox x 2

audigy2

efficient 540watt and adquatly cooled case (my temp is 34-36max)

any ideas? this is really p***ing me off with all the random reboots

You might not want to stick with the WDM drivers, just go to the manufacturers website for your hardware and get the latest drivers from them. If you computer keeps locking up on you when trying to get them, just get into safe mode and download the drivers. If you dont have any problems in safe mode, sure thing it's a driver problem.

@richy

**** your cute :blushing: