How to handle Norton Ghost 9.0

3S Doc

Been there done that and typing in directly would still work even if hidden files and protect files are checked. You just dont see the folder when browsing though explorer. Also would show up in cmd.

And you install Ghost 9.0 Retail right? Not from Norton Internet Security 2005 either?

If so very strange.

Ghost Activation Solved!!!

You must be using WPI to get this to work. I hv not tested this yet on RunonceEX.cmd

basically what happens is this.

You install Ghost Silently (me using my 9MB ghost 7zip)

my second command in WPI is to enter a registry setting similar to that

or runonceEX.cmd when the computer reboots after WPI Another RunonceEX.cmd will appear and Activate Norton Ghost and Adobe Acrobat Pro.

hehehehe Got to love Autoit! love it!!! well now that i know how to use it

I was so clueless 6 months ago.

I will post the autoit script later. heheheh just came to me right now.

So what, if anything, is the difference between the retail and the NIS-bundled version?

And what I mean is from an installation / registration point of view, not functionality. I've gotten the install to work by creating a server image followed by silent install through msiexec:

msiexec.exe /i "Path\to\Norton Ghost 9.0.msi" symsetup=1 reboot=reallysuppress /q*

It still asks for the serial on first run, though. And after that symlcrst.dll doesn't appear to have changed (though its datestamp is updated daily).

I haven't tried backing it up and reinstalling my system (I did that just last week, only without Ghost; I did install NIS2005 silently with a symlcrst.exe like in Astalavista's thread), and I'm really not about to just to test if it will work... so if anybody has experience with this?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

After reading this...

Ghost Activation Solved!!!

You must be using WPI to get this to work. I hv not tested this yet on RunonceEX.cmd

basically what happens is this.

You install Ghost Silently (me using my 9MB ghost 7zip)

my second command in WPI is to enter a registry setting similar to that

or runonceEX.cmd when the computer reboots after WPI Another RunonceEX.cmd will appear and Activate Norton Ghost and Adobe Acrobat Pro.

hehehehe Got to love Autoit! love it!!! well now that i know how to use it

I was so clueless 6 months ago.

I will post the autoit script later. heheheh just came to me right now.

I am very excited to hear more about the autoit script and how it was done. Any chance on posting it for us poor people still trying to solve the mistery? :wacko:

Many thnx in advance.