Adobe Audition 1.5

Orsi

hey guys, anybody has found some way to silently install Adobe After Effects 6.5 or Adobe Audition 1.5?

Since After Effects' instaler is a .msi file I haven't found a way to register it

Audition uses a Install Shield installer but it don't use a abcpy.ini file like the other Adobe's softwares and the -s switch don't work...

any help?

• 6 months later...

Hi!!

I had this problem with Adobe Audition, too.

Well well, I tried quiet some methods to silently install Audition, but with no real luck. So I just thought, if you can't silent it, AutoIt-it!

I made a little script, which works perfectly for me. The file is attached, maybe you need to modify some of the dialog names for different languages or so.

Have fun and let me know if it worked!!

C Ya!!

adobeaudition.au3

Adobe Audition 1.5

1- Run your EXE.

2- Stop at the first setup screen.

- Go to Start --> Run. Type %TEMP%. Hit Enter.

- In your Temp directory, you find a folder named like _is5F or whatever.

- Inside _is5F, there's "Adobe Audition 1.5.msi"!

- Copy your MSI from %TEMP%\_is5F\Adobe Audition 1.5.msi to your XPCD:

X:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\Install\Audition\Audition.msi (renamed)

Your batch:

cls

@echo off

ECHO.

Echo Adobe Audition 1.5 Build 4124.1

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Audition\Audition.msi /qn ISX_SERIALNUMBER=####-####-####-####-####-#### COMPANYNAME="Your Company" USERNAME="Your Name" REBOOT=ReallySuppress

REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{86EF9FC4-F209-4520-B7E1-C7FF0EEBDFFF} /v NoRemove /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{86EF9FC4-F209-4520-B7E1-C7FF0EEBDFFF} /v NoRepair /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

Del "%AllUsersProfile%\Desktop\Adobe Audition 1.5.lnk"

EXIT

Thanks, Mazin.  That's a huge help.

You're welcome.

Still, there's another way using your encrypted serial from the registry (via a reg file) along with /qn REBOOT=ReallySuppress as above.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{86EF9FC4-F209-4520-B7E1-C7FF0EEBDFFF}]

"Serial"="#####EncryptedSerial####"

"NAME"="Your Name"

"COMPAN"="Your Company"

cls

@echo off

ECHO.

Echo Adobe Audition 1.5 Build 4124.1

REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\Install\Audition\Audition.reg

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Audition\Audition.msi /qn REBOOT=ReallySuppress

REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{86EF9FC4-F209-4520-B7E1-C7FF0EEBDFFF} /v NoRemove /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{86EF9FC4-F209-4520-B7E1-C7FF0EEBDFFF} /v NoRepair /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

Del "%AllUsersProfile%\Desktop\Adobe Audition 1.5.lnk"

EXIT

Still, pharao2k's script is helpful, too.

Yea, I'm still contemplating what I want to use. I love silent installs because you don't have to see it being installed. But at the same time, with AutoIt I can create a script for every application instead of hunting down all of the switches.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm New to the board but not of your standard when it comes to these things. I have a serial for Adobe Audition 1.5, can you spoon feed me how to get it registered. Thanks

• 5 months later...

gave batch file a whirl...didn't work...same old forking problem, anyone else receive such trouble? (see image 2)

also getting bloody data execution shutdown message at end of ANY install with Audition 1.5. which may or may not be issue if added to windows setup (usin' xp right now).

Adobe just purchased this from the original coders_____ MR. BIG BUKS

post solution if found, no auto it please....

THX!

post-46536-1128957616_thumb.jpg

post-46536-1128959604_thumb.jpg

Edited by thuun derboy

You have to shut off DEP before installing (I believe). There was a big discussion about it on the Adobe Audition Forum

When you go to the link, click on "Log in as a Guest" to see the topic discussion. Read messages 5 - 13.

Check it out, it may help you decide if you need to shut off DEP temporarily to get this bugger installed.

Homeskillet

Edited by homeskillet

I messed with this for awhile, finally got a silent install to work.

What I did was the following:

1) I use AdminStudio, so I did a multistep snapshot. took the inital snapshot.

2) Installed Audition 1.5 all the way thru

3) Took the second snapshot.

Once that was done, I ran it thru the repackager to get the MSI. If you do nothing else, you'll get the DEP that everyone else was encountering and the program wont run. To get around this:

1) Exported the following from the machine I installed Audition on:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{86EF9FC4-F209-4520-B7E1-C7FF0EEBDFFF}

2) using AdminStudio's Editor, I added that the to the MSI that I had created.

From there, I distributed it to the machines I needed thru SMS. I made sure to have SMS reboot after the program was done installed. After it rebooted I was able to run the program fine.

Hope this helps.

just gave this ONE more shot before altering original MSI...

stupid adobe! what the @$#!?&%?!

made sure to reboot...nada, same error..."unknown"

guess it's time to break out a repacker, though,

SOMEONE must have a simple solution somewhere.

_anybody?!

thx.

Edited by thuun derboy

I made a silent switchless installer of this one. What a pain in butt too. First I had to tweak the msi file so that it would let me make AIP and while I was in there I nuked all of the foreign language parts. You need to go under custom actions I believe and there's an action under Admin Install to delete. I don't remember the name of it now, but when you're in there it's obvious which one to delete.

Then I found that you must pass the serial on the command line, you can't put it in the msi file or even pass it through using an mst file. So my last issue was the dreaded DEP problem. Well I discovered that if I call the switchless silent exe I made from svcpack.inf, that it installs without any problems. Apparantly DEP isn't yet active at that stage of setup. Here's the best part - the install exe file is only 15MB.