RyanVM Windows XP SP2 Update Pack

If all he did was change the DLLs and maybe the INF a bit, you shouldn't have any problems extracting over top. The one thing to keep in mind is that he based his release on the Lite pack, which didn't have the different calculator, remote desktop, etc clients, so those English ones will still be on there.

How exactly would I go about integrating updates for an entirely different product line into Windows??? Maybe you'd like Photoshop updates integrated next? :rolleyes:

Besides, you can integrate Office updates directly into the install source if you've got an administrative install point of Office.

I was talking about the first time you try to check if there is update availbale for office after a clean installation of XP. It is like the first time you connect to windows update and ask to install an active x to allow update check.

But maybe my question is stupid, i was just wondering, cause I though it was the same iway t works for windows update.

Weebs,

I was talking about the first time you try to check if there is update availbale for office after a clean installation of XP. It is like the first time you connect to windows update and ask to install an active x to allow update check.

But maybe my question is stupid, i was just wondering, cause I though it was the same iway t works for windows update.

Weebs,

Would have been helpful if you would have phrased it that way :rolleyes:

The Office Update ActiveX control isn't included on the XP CD by default, unlike the Windows Update one.

Ryan..

I just wanted to say, Thank you.

You're a frickin life saver. As for your deabte on dumping the International packs and such, I honestly think its a good idea. Like you said, you have a lot to do, you're not getting paid for this, and you probably have your own life.

I use international stuff, so I'm biased against them or anything, and I don't mean any disrespect to those other international users other than me.

Good job Ryan

You're a frickin life saver.  As for your deabte on dumping the International packs and such, I honestly think its a good idea. Like you said, you have a lot to do, you're not getting paid for this, and you probably have your own life.

Yeah, I'm a full time engineering student, so life is always busy. And yeah, that Paypal donate button my site is very lonely :P.

Ultimately, I think packs made for specific languages is a better way to do this, since it's very difficult to know what files are language-independent and which ones aren't. There's people making Dutch and German versions already, so maybe others will catch on.

I still intend to eventually create a page on my website for international versions made by 3rd parties. Eventually :P

@RyanVM, maybe instead of giving us fish, you could teach us to fish. :)

Would it be hard to write up some instructions for integrating updates the way you do? I could help maintain a Russian version update pack if you tell me how!

I like the idea of including links to the foreign language versions. That would be a huge help. :thumbup