RyanVM Windows XP SP2 Update Pack

It is the right link, he's just testing it at the moment, I've seen the German version somewhere, don't remember where :s

Done, I made a lite version of the 1.03 update pack for all the Dutch people:

I'll let you know if it works. After I have tested it I will upload the file!

;)

(we'd better stop spamming this topic now I think :P )

OK...here's one for you all...

I've tested 1.0.3 on XP Home, works fine. No framedyn.dll errors, as I had been getting in the past.

Now, I want to try to do this...I want to add WMP10 at the ~13 minute stage, from svcpack.inf, AND integrate the correct WMP10 version of the KB887078 hotfix into the installation.

I have downloaded both the WMP 9 and the WMP 10 hotfixes from MS, and have looked into the RVM 1.0.3 cab folder. Only two files from the WMP9 version of the hotfix have made it to the update pack. In order to integrate the WMP10 files, do I just replace the two files with the WMP10 versions and make the entry corrections in RVMUpPck.inf? Of course, in order for this to work, WMP10 would already have to be installed prior to running the RVM updates, is there some place where I can specify to run the RVM updates AFTER installing WMP10?

I'm off to do a test with my testing hard drive, I'll let you know the results when done.

OK...here's one for you all...

I've tested 1.0.3 on XP Home, works fine.  No framedyn.dll errors, as I had been getting in the past.

Now, I want to try to do this...I want to add WMP10 at the ~13 minute stage, from svcpack.inf, AND integrate the correct WMP10 version of the KB887078 hotfix into the installation.

I have downloaded both the WMP 9 and the WMP 10 hotfixes from MS, and have looked into the RVM 1.0.3 cab folder.  Only two files from the WMP9 version of the hotfix have made it to the update pack.  In order to integrate the WMP10 files, do I just replace the two files with the WMP10 versions and make the entry corrections in RVMUpPck.inf?  Of course, in order for this to work, WMP10 would already have to be installed prior to running the RVM updates, is there some place where I can specify to run the RVM updates AFTER installing WMP10?

I'm off to do a test with my testing hard drive, I'll let you know the results when done.

Thanks for the confirmation that the XP Home issues are resolved now.

My bet is that you're going to have to install the WMP10 version of the KB887078 after you install WMP10, unless you go so far as to integrate WMP10 into your XP CD. And yes, you'd need the different wmvcore.dll and kb887078.cat files.

You can try cabbing the WMP10 files and putting them in i386, but I'm not sure they won't just be overwritten when you install WMP10.

Update...I did not do the install previously outlined. After thinking about it, I decided to integrate WMP10 into the install directly first, then add the updated files. I'll let you know the result when I'm done. (May not be tonight - I'm an old fart!)

I had 1.02FULL. I downloaded 1.03 Update (to save some bandwidth.)

Will nLite integrate these properly if I point to both "hotfixes"? (Or do I have to download the FULL 1.03 for nLite to work properly?)

I'm sure more will have this question as new versions (and updates to older versions) continue to be added!

Ok, well after testing, it seems KB887078 would be better suited in svcpack.inf (if you install wmp10)...the problem with replacing the file in the mp10setup package is that it seems to have a digital signature assigned to it, now im not sure about integration, but I believe you will still have a problem...I dont know why it can be integrated into the source with wmp9, but I do know that when I replaced the file and added the cat and entered the cat entry into the inf, I got a signature error using the package.

@evilvoice

WMP10's installer checks the digital signature.....

where as digital signature of XP files are not checked untill T-12 just after SVCPACK.INF has run.

as for using /integrate switch with WMP10 setup, I don't believe that will work. WMP10 uses a different installer then Type 1 Hotfixes.