RyanVM Windows XP SP2 Update Pack

I can see why Ryan gets annoyed at this...

1. MSXML 4 and MSXML 5 are DIFFERENT. MSXML 4 is not the same as MSXML 5 so both are required.

2. The new RDC is from Windows 2003 and it an update on the version from WIndows XP.

All of that has already been listed.

Framedyn.dll missing has nothing to do with update pack...

i also had framedyn.dll missing but before i integrate the update pack... there was not only framedyn.dll missing but i found config.nt and autoexec.nt missing also! dont know why.

i just change framedyn.dll entries in TXTSETUP.SIF... and it worked for me

find framedyn.dll in txtsetup.sif and replace the entry

100,,,,,,,,3,3 to 1,,,,,,,,3,3

if this fixt doesnt work for u.. u can run this command during RunonceEx before taskkill execution

expand <CD Drive>:\i386\framedyn.dl_ %windir%\system32\framedyn.dll

i hope it will solve your problem

:) bye

somehow only framedyn.dll, config.nt and autoexec.nt 's entries in txtsetup.sif have been changed, i dont know when and how txtsetup.sif has been modified... but i replaced missing files' entries in txtsetup.sif to as these were working ok.

do this in txtsetup.sif only if you have missing thses files in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 (i have tried it, worked for me)

config.nt = 1,,,,,,,2,0,0 -to- config.nt = 1,,,,,,,2,2

autoexec.nt = 1,,,,,,,2,0,0 -to- autoexec.nt = 1,,,,,,,2,2

framedyn.dll = 100,,,,,,,,3,3 -to- framedyn.dll = 1,,,,,,,,3,3

try it only if you have files missing!

...if it doesnt work, expand these files during runonceEx or in cmdlines.txt

expand <CD Drive>:\i386\framedyn.dl_ %windir%\system32\framedyn.dll

expand <CD Drive>:\i386\config.nt_ %windir%\system32\config.nt

expand <CD Drive>:\i386\autoexec.nt_ %windir%\system32\autoexec.nt

Slightly off topic question here.

Does anyone know what Microsoft's rationele was for not including the latest RDC in XP SP2 (or XML for that matter)? Obviously XP SP2 is much newer than 2K3 Server. It just seems a little odd. Which leads me to wonder what has changed with the newer client.

now seriously, don't report any framedyn.dll or autoexec.nt or config.nt errors in this thread. Last I looked, this pack doesn't even come CLOSE to modifying those, and editing the txtsetup.sif file is two lines, so it's SOMETHING ELSE.

well, sorry, but, the problem arrised after using the new nlite + this pack (i didn't know about this pack before :P)

so i asked here, because i know little, and since the framedyn and .net frameworks problem i had apeared at the same time, i first thought it was related (only for "FRAME" on both things :( )

yeah ill back up sesshoumaru on this one, all i changed was adding this update pack and i got the framedyn errors, so here seems a logical place to ask! i will try again to see what happens, fingers crossed!

im not bitchin about the pack though, it sounds great, just hope i can get it to work!

but as i said before, i also tryed the latest nlite, and nuhi says its a problem related to performance logs and alerts and/or 16 bit suport (when you remove them)

but it worked fine on previous version.

but i have more troble, IE and OE where removed without me asking nlite to do it...

i'll go to nuhi's thread instas :D