RyanVM Windows XP SP2 Update Pack

Oooops sorry RyanVM, yes is more longer, i am :zzz:

It's better i see tommorrow after good night :)

I do again clean cd and i let you know if this time works, btw, i have download the last version 1.01 Lite

Thanks alots what you doing for us :thumbup

See you

:zzz:

Irving

You need to adjust the parameters you send to shutdown.exe. My page has a link to the PsShutdown web page which contains the command switches to use with it. A few are different from the standard shutdown.exe.

Huh?

Did you replace the shutdown command or something? Or am I misunderstanding? (I have not tested your hotfixes yet, but I have a shutdown parameter in my cleanup.cmd:

shutdown.exe -r -f -t 60 -c "Windows XP will now restart in 1 minute..."

are you saying i have to change this?

Wow, only been out two whole days and already 5 pages of replies, great work there Ryan, keep it up.  Noticed you have released the newer version already will try it out next week.

hah, I've already used 2GB of transfer in the last two days too :lol:

Good thing I've got 20GB/month. Something tells me that once the initial demand dies down, things will be fine. Being able to release incremental updates will also help, since people won't have to download a whole 4-5MB file when they only need like 150KB of new files.

Im asuming I have to open the svcpack.in_ and edit the svcpack.inf and recompress it if I want to install .NET Framework v1.1 SP1 & .NET J# and make shore that they are in svcpack folder as apose to my update folder

[Version]
Signature="$Windows NT$"
MajorVersion=5
MinorVersion=1
BuildNumber=2600

[SetupData]
CatalogSubDir="\i386\svcpack"

[ProductCatalogsToInstall]
KB832414.cat
KB884020.cat
KB885523.cat
KB885626.cat
KB885894.cat
scripten.cat

[SetupHotfixesToRun]
netfxsp1.exe
vjredist.msi /qn
QCHAIN.EXE

One more thing, has the Install date thing been corrected? it was saying in the reg that they where installed on

0/2004

???

How difficult would it be to add VB6 runtimes and extra VC file? One I am trying to add is "Visual Studio.NET Baseline - English" (BOOTSTRAP.MSI)

change -c to -m

why? is it a different program?

did microsoft change something?

what do those commands do, anyway? (i got the original code from this website...)

Try reading the page :rolleyes:

Sysinternals PsShutdown 2.32.0.0 (Replaces shutdown.exe, see website for command switches)

Oh man, I don't know how I missed that. Sorry!

Thanks for the help!