81 members have voted

1. 1. 2K or XP?

• Windows 2000 Professional
    • Windows 2000 Server
    • Windows 2000 Advanced Server
    • Windows 2000 Datacenter
    • Windows XP Home
    • Windows XP Professional

Wicked. I have always been impressed with both of your knowledge pertaining to computers and also both of your knowledge on all things not pertaining to computers. Did that come out right? :)

Be honest. Remember a time when we took apart the toaster to see how it works or a time when we went deep inside a computer to see how it works ... I mean deeper than the average computer user. Remember a time when we discarded the toaster because it was no longer a mystery or a time when we discarded a i286 because it could no longer keep up with our demands?

Be it the toaster, the 386, Linux or WinAll we will continue to outgrow them all all and seek more. That is the one trait that we have in common with each other and no one can ever take that away from us.

God I hate Coors

:bigok

I'm with you guys it's fun computing and experimenting with hardware,software,new tech.I've got remnants of a treasure chest of junk parts and old sytsems that I don't want to get rid of.I always wanted to install Linux sed ,how can I get a free copy?Any good sites about it?

@zipp51 :

I always wanted to install Linux sed ,how can I get a free copy?Any good sites about it?

I have a official DL Site for you and all o´ther guys, who wont to learn, what other OSes do and haow they function.... try this ISO Page to get the Version you like to have. Mess and play around with it... and have fun. Your result will be : Other people make great Operating Systems too.

I'm not a really fan of Linux... (the things we have to do for money - hehe) but I like that KDE 3 with its features. Last but not least I like way the Linux system can look like in a LAN : Whatever you want (NT Server, Novell... emulate it for free) !

Best wishes

Koala6

• 2 weeks later...

all xp is a win2k upgrade with flash (which sucks system resources)an linux is no better with its unstable gui which is slow an some of the icons in gnome dont even work sometimes i like freebsd better.but im using win2k advance server now (because im getting my mcsa) but after that i think im going back to freebsd but win2k has served me very well.