81 members have voted

1. 1. 2K or XP?

• Windows 2000 Professional
    • Windows 2000 Server
    • Windows 2000 Advanced Server
    • Windows 2000 Datacenter
    • Windows XP Home
    • Windows XP Professional

Running almost identical hardware,my w2k pro runs faster but I prefer winxp because of it's multimedia and photo capabilities as well as unzipping and security features.Neither has crashed in a while,probably because all the drivers are up to date.

I have been running Xp since the 2600 orginal releace and have loved ever since. Recently i decided to try Win2k pro, to see the hype...I was very unhappy with it, sooo many errors..watching movies was a b***h..id get mplayer.exe errors as well as explorer.exe errors. Not to mention, when id remove a piece of software, it would still show up in the add/remove panel...even if i would erace all traces in the reg....the only way i was able to get it out, was with Xsetup

maybe i just had a bad install..but everything that could go wrong, did..so im back on Xp with sp1, and enjoying every minite...

:)

=Drew

C'mon Geforce! All WinXP is an NT (Win2000) platform with Win98 features. Sure it runs faster because it is not as feature rich...but I have to tell you, it can't be much faster because my copy of XP on my machine is faster than any other computer that I have been on including ones with faster clock speeds than mine (And Win2K). The only think I hate about XP is that there are still some peripherals that I have that are not supported. I have a voice recorder and that transfers all my voice files to PC for easier listening and filing of my class lectures. I have to keep a copy of Win98 (Can use Win2K) in order to be able to use this. :-(

Rick :)

2k owns its an OS only inteligent people can use succesfuly  :)

XP is the NOOB versions of that OS with more simple features and a less intimidating look

i really dont consider myself a newbie....things seemed to cromble once i got all the latest updates which included SP3..after that i was faced with rediculus amounts of errors and strange behavior...thats why i switched back

=Drew

why would i want to install linux?

i have no need for the os ,i wouldnt use it at all

im not one of those people like sedative that thinks hes 1337 because hes installed linux b4 wow big deal kind of stupid and a waste of time to install something just for the sake of it.