[How To]: Nero 6.6.0.0

SiMoNsAyS

you must know nothing about nero to ask a question like that...nero has plugins which need a serial to work...the first time you use /sn=xxxx...is only for the burning rom...you cant simply add another /sn=xxxx for other plugins youve bought, hence the reg file...or maybe you dont know nero has multiple plugins.

@evilvoice.. no probs, i just use the burning rom, none of the other parts of te prog, thats why i shrunk it. and mine works great, i just followed the guide, the only thing my batch does is deletes some files, other then that it follows it (im just lazy so i do everything in batch files so i can redo em if need be with any extra work)

/fugg

I was able to get my winrar nero down to 16,959,321 bytes but for some reason I can't get nero to take my key.  I can put the key in manually and it work, but won't work with the switches.

Same issue here...after the install it starts up in demo mode. I can type the same (legally purchased) key that is already in the /SN= switch in at that time and it works fine. Weird. :}

I already replied to another topic covering Nero 6, but I know that anyone following this thread my also be interested in the same answer. Sorry about the double reply though.

For anyone who cares I have been using a method that I haven't seen mentioned. Is what I did was create a registry entry and add it to my $OEM$ folder and then I altered my cmdlines.txt to run the registry entry. This allowed the registry entry to take place before the installation process. Then I used the following switches in my start.cmd to install silently. It worked perfect. Hope this helps some people.

Example of cmdlines.txt

[COMMANDS]

"useraccounts.cmd"

"REGEDIT /S regtweaks.reg"

"REGEDIT /S Nero6RegEntry.reg"

"REGEDIT /S Norton2004Key.reg"

Example of my Nero6RegEntry.reg

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Info]

"Company"=""

"Serial6"="XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX"

"User"="Your Name"

Example of my start.cmd

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Nero Burning ROM v6.6.0.1

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Nero6\nero6.6.0.1.exe /silent /noreboot

ECHO.

@tysidor LoL, don't want to offend but this is exactly what we do :P:lol:

we only tweak the installer file to add the serial so we don't need the reg file.

anyway there is people outhere with ("invalid" or not working) serials that would need to import the reg file first and then run the installer.

is a good resume for those that want to use the original installer ;)

Edited by SiMoNsAyS

SiMoNsAyS----I guess the whole reason I posted was to inform people how to install it with the original installer and not worry about the hassel of going through Winrar. Of course as you mentioned this is assuming they have an original product key.

Thanks allfive6 and Astalavista for the nice job!!

actually the original installer "is" a winrar file....

u need only to ADD the comments a1572_Snap11.jpg

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Setup=setup.exe /SN=0000-0000-0000-0000-0000-0000 /WRITE_SN /SILENT /NO_UI /NOREBOOT /NOLICENSE /NOCANCEL
TempMode
Silent=1
Overwrite=1
Title=Nero 6.6.0.1 Ahead Software AG

27462_Snap12.jpg

@simonsays:

if i use

nero6600.exe /SN=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx /WRITE_SN /SILENT /NO_UI /NOREBOOT /NOLICENSE

an installer is coming up and stops :(

i'm sorry but what am i doing wrong?

I assume you've replaced the serial number (Xed) with your own?

And if not, that's your issue.

And don't ask me for a serial number.

• 4 weeks later...