[How To]: Nero 6.6.0.0

SiMoNsAyS

@MCT

You want only 20 MB installed? That's too much - make it 7 MB. :P

The way to reduce Nero install-size, by removing unwanted files, and replacing them with dummy (zero byte) files has been discussed some weeks ago.

I already do that - Install only Nero (the CD-burning thing alone, without all the annoying cover-designer, audio editing, etc.) - and its 7 MB only.

can u send me your copy prath?

Sure. When I get home today, I'll re-make it for v6.6 and send it along to your e-mail, or PM you an FTP link.

Might take me till tomorrow, so some time please. :)

I dunno, if the 6.6 is going to swell the size, though. But even then, it couldn't possibly have swollen by too much. Let's see how it goes....

hi,

The installer is very cool, thx, but....during an install, an error occurs that says, it can't install windowsmedia, or sth.

i think (no....im sure!) that is because i uninstalled windows media player with nlite (i didnt uninstall the codecs!)

after the error, Nero is working perfectly either. but it's annoying.

any chance to get him away?

First post it's updated

about windowsmedia error, sorry i haven't had that problem, probably the same problem occurs with the normal installation of nero 6.6. try replacing that file for other one so you don't have that problem :P also if you already have installed windows media you can replace it with a 0 bytes size file (about -3mb). good luck!

@MtK it's just an example you can put
Title=The MtK's language pack

or anything. at the moment i haven't seen any language pack for nero 6.6 so i used my old langpack installer

I just thought you mispelled it...

(I know it can be named as I wish)

@Astalavista

If you read the instructions again, it says...

Go to C:\nero6600\Nero6\ and select all files, rightclick on 1 of them and select "WinRAR>Add to archive" create a new SFX file with this comment:

SO you probally selected the ENTIRE suite, instead of just the Nero6 folder. :P