WinPE 1.1 used like BartPE?

joshiieeii

hey guys,

(edit: Have been using Search, but haven't found what I am looking for)

I have a question regarding the real version of WinPE 1.1. I want to make a legit "tech tools" cd for my company. I have lots of experience with BartPE and adding applications. (BTW this is a legit license for WinPE through my company)

Can someone please direct me to a link or possibly give me a quick guide to what I need to do to WinPE to get it to work like BartPE in the respect that it boots into the "virtual windows" and how I can add apps?? :thumbup

Thanks in advance!

This is very easy, you can add the nu2menu to installation, I have done this, and then edit either the setupreg.hiv in the %PEDISK%\I386\System32 folder in regedit, or you can just add the nu2menu entry to the startnet.cmd the only downfall to this is the cmd window is still the active shell at this point and if you close its window your PE will reboot. I use WinPE 2004 for us, and if you have a legit license you should be able to aquire this Via your TAM or in an OEM 3 or 30 pack, because this version has a file called winpeshl.exe and you can launch the nu2menu or your own shell through the winpeshl.ini file. Your best bet is to look well through these forums as this has been covered by posts before yours. Almost everything you need is covered here, personally I have added the Nu2menu as my shell and modified Geoshell to run as a taskbar, as for programs we use:

Partition Manager 6, Ghost, McAfee's command line scanner, K-Meleon web browser for last minute patches, filezilla for company FTP D/L's, etc. as you can see it is fairly easy to add programs to WinPE.

HTH

likuidkewl,

I guess I am not using the right key words or something. I mostly think its b/c most people use Bart PE and not the real WinPE. I guess what I am looking for is possibly a guide or DIY type post, where I could find out what needs to be modded to get it to work like bartPE. :whistle:

As I mentioned in my original post, I work for a medium size company and I am trying to put together a "tech cd".

The apps you mentioned are mostly what I am looking to put on the CD. Ghost 8 corp, some diag apps, some spyware apps are some of the things I am going to put on the CD.

If you are running WinPE 2004, create a file called winpeshl.ini in notepad insert your program path, your Nu2Menu path into it like this :

[LaunchApp]AppPath = %SYSTEMDRIVE%\YourNu2Folder\Nu2Menu.exe

save it to the system32 folder of your PE build. On next boot your nu2menu will run as the shell so if you close that it will reboot, this info can be found in the winpe.chm

As for folder structure it really doesn't matter with this program.

All of my programs are at root level in a foler called programs, so my winpeshl.ini looks like this

[LaunchApp]AppPath = %SYSTEMDRIVE%\Programs\nu2menu\nu2menu.exe

And the xml answer file gets left in the nu2menu folder, and edit this as you would manually in BartPE.

HTH