SI3112 SATA unattended help

TWILL

Thanks for the tips, but what should be the eof marker? I compared the original txtsetup with the one from me and from bts (with foldermatch v3.3.7, can compare files also), only the original has a square at the end.

TWILL I have the same problem as you. I have tried a number of the methods and in most of them, the SATA driver doesn't flash up on the bottom of the screen, and my SATA drive is not found. When I tried RASOR, I got a very similar message to you.

Have you managed to resolve this problem as yet? I am using the Silicon Image 3114 driver and seem to be experiencing the same difficulties as yourself.

Please let me know if you get a breakthrough.

Thanks

James

ps don't forget to vote tomorrow :)

Thanks everyone for the replies and tips.

I did finally get the unattended setup to start recognizing the SiI 3112 Mass Storage driver for my SATA drives!!! Unfortunately, I haven’t had a chance until now to post how I fixed it. If anyone has been waiting patiently to see if I found a solution I apologize for the delay, as I dislike reading posts that aren’t followed up with a solution (if there is one).

I tried several times from the beginning hoping I just messed up somewhere along the way. I wasn’t going to let this go so I kept trying.

Finally I decided to do a side by side comparison of each method to see if I could find anything that would give me a clue as to what was wrong. One thing I knew was I never saw the drivers go by at the bottom of the setup screen, so I knew windows setup wasn’t finding them.

Finally I noticed that there were several variations of the [sourceDiskFiles] sections that are to be added in the txtsetup.sif file.

Here are some of the comparisions:

Bâshrat the Sneaky/Pyron’s
[SourceDisksFiles]
si3112.sys   = 1,,,,,,4_,4,1,,,1,4
si3112r.sys  = 1,,,,,,4_,4,1,,,1,4

GreenMachines:
[SourceDisksFiles]
si3112.sys = 1,,,,,,3_,4,1

Raskren:
[SourceDisksFiles]
si3112.sys = 100,,,,,,3_,4,1,,,1,4

The info Ive seen on what all the numbers mean is a bit lengthy and confusing so I did some looking around in the txtsetup.sif file and found that Raskren’s was closest to what I had already in the [sourceDiskFiles] section for other drivers. I changed my [sourceDiskFiles] entry to a variation of what Raskren had and it worked!! Im not saying that GreenMachines or Bashrats are wrong, they just didn’t work for my case. Be sure to look at the section [WinntDirectories] then look at some other drivers in the [sourceDisksFiles] sections. Just a note: Once I did get it working, I didnt go back and try Bashrat's method.

@hp01jpc and anyone else having trouble getting any methods to work.

If you havent already, you may want to try Raskens method here: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=13173 with a few minor changes for your own drivers. Let me know how it works out for you.

So basically what I am saying is if you don’t see your driver go by during the windows setup check your [sourceDiskFiles] locations and make sure you are pointing to the right place where your driver exists.

Goodluck.

TWILL

thanks for the voting reminder. Im sure will all the tv ads I couldnt forget if I tried!!! I am very thankful I live in a country where I can vote, but I must say I am so sick and tired of the tv and radio smear ads!!!! :wacko:

Hey again twill. Thanks for the replies mate. I was just wondering if you'd dome the same thing as me when trying the rasor method. We both had similar error messages so I thought this might be the case.

Basically, when I selected the driver I needed within RASOR I didn't double click on it, so it didn't download - BUT the program came up with a message saying 'driver repackaged' which made me think it had worked ok.

I'm just trying it again now, but if it fails I will go and research raskens method.

Thanks for the help.

Yea I don't blame you about the ads, we've seen half of them in this country too. In fact the British media is covering the election almost as much as they would a domestic one!

Righty ho... No error messages in VPC, and I think I saw the words 'silicon image' fly up at the bottom. Because it's reading from the ISO image and not a CD, it all goes by so quick I can't be sure, but this is looking very promising...

Ok I burnt the image file and tried it out. It works a treat - finds the hard drive. I haven't tested it yet fully, but I think if it gets that far, we can say it's sorted. So, TWILL, if you did happen to make the same mistake as me, simply double clicking on the driver you want within the RASOR program might be your remedy, but if you're sorted out now with another method then all well and good.

Finally! I'm so happy :w00t:

• 3 weeks later...

Question along these lines:

IF... If you intergrate SATA drivers into the unattended CD or DVD....

Do you have to have the SATA drive in the PC?

I'd like to intergrate it so if/when the customer decides to put a SATA drive in, the Unattended DVD will be ready to go.

Or will I have to make 2 of them, one for their IDE hard drive and 1 for their SATA?

To advoid "Harddrive not Found" screen...

Thanks in advance for answers!

Wisc

I was in hopes the infomation for the TXTSETUP.SIF would be included...

I get the feeling I'm not reading the INF files right. Some of them didn't even have the PCI information in them. See?

[sourceDisksFiles]

iaStor.sys = 1,,,,,,4_,4,1,,,1,4

NvAtaBus.sys = 1,,,,,,4_,4,1,,,1,4

Si3112r.sys = 1,,,,,,4_,4,1,,,1,4

Si3114r.sys = 1,,,,,,4_,4,1,,,1,4

viasraid.sys = 1,,,,,,4_,4,1,,,1,4

[HardwareIdsDatabase]

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2652&CC_0104 = "Intel"

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24DF&CC_0104 = "Intel"

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_25B0&CC_0104 = "Intel"

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_008E&REV_A2 = "NVidia"

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_008E&REV_A3 = "NVidia"

PCI\VEN_1095&DEV_3112 = "Silicon12"

PCI\VEN_1095&DEV_3114 = "Silicon14"

PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3149 = "viasraid"

[sCSI.load]

Intel = iaStor.sys,4

NVidia = NvAtaBus.sys

Silicon12 = Si3112r.sys

Silicon14 = Si3114r.sys

viasraid = viasraid.sys,4

[sCSI]

Intel = "Intel® SATA RAID Controller"

NVidia = "NVIDIA MCP2S Serial ATA Compatible Controller"

Silicon12 = "Silicon Image Serial ATA Raid 3112 Controller"

Silicon14 = "Silicon Image Serial ATA Raid 3114 Controller"

viasraid = "VIA Serial ATA RAID Controller"

Indeed. For example when you look in the driver inf files of ACARD, you will notice there are no hardware ID's either...

I have not yet tested what the result would be when there are no hardware ID's in the txtsetup.oem file, but most likely the driver will not work...

P.S.: where did you quote that txtsetup.oem file from?

Mine... Is it incorrect?

See I think your Mass Pack things would be so so very awesome if

they were separated so individuals could get only what they want.

And if they had the little guide explaining where to put them.

And they had the entries for the TXTSETUP.SIF and any other

file that would need modified.

:) That's asking WAY to much huh! :)

Only reason I even jumped in on this topic was because there are some of the .inf files that had like a dozen or more different IDs and I was like... TELL me I'm not suppose to put in everyone one I see!

These are all the ones in nvatabus.inf file, but I didn't add it yet because I wasn't sure if I was to grab ALL those PCI\VEN lines...

[NVIDIA]

%MCP2Desc%=Crush11_Inst,PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0065

%CK8Desc%=Crush11_Inst,PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00D5&REV_A2

%CK8DescSB%=Crush11_Inst,PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00D5&REV_F2

%CK8Desc%=Crush11_Inst,PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00D5&REV_A4

%CK8DescSB%=Crush11_Inst,PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00D5&REV_F4

%CK8Desc%=Crush11_Inst,PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00D5&REV_A5

%CK8DescSB%=Crush11_Inst,PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00D5&REV_F5

%CK8Desc%=Crush11_Inst,PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00D5&REV_A6

%CK8DescSB%=Crush11_Inst,PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00D5&REV_F6

%MCP2SS%=Crush11_Inst,PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_008E&REV_A2

%MCP2SS%=Crush11_Inst,PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_008E&REV_A3

%MCP2SP%=Crush11_Inst,PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0085

%CK8SSP%=Crush11_Inst,PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00E5

%CK8SSS%=Crush11_Inst,PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00EE

%CK8SSS%=Crush11_Inst,PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00E3

Then what makes it worse, the nvraid.inf doesn't have a SINGLE PCI\VEN line in the whole .inf file.

The Si3112r.inf has ... Oh hell, I lost count around 50... Tell me you wouldn't put ALL those in your TXTSETUP.SIF!!!

Has about the same amount in the [sI_HDC.NTx86.5.1] section of this .inf...

Which I was sure I wouldn't need to worry about for XP...

; ATI subsystem IDs need to be updated

[ATI_HDC]

%PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_436E.DeviceDesc%=ATI_436E, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_436E&SUBSYS_436E1002

A few of these also appear. *sigh*

Seen this plenty

; List of devices with known configuration issues.

[ProblemDeviceList_AddReg]

HKR,ProblemDevices

HKR,ProblemDevices, %ProblemDev1Name%, 0, %ProblemDev1Value%

HKR,ProblemDevices, %ProblemDev2Name%, 0, %ProblemDev2Value%

HKR,ProblemDevices, %ProblemDev3Name%, 0, %ProblemDev3Value%

HKR,ProblemDevices, %ProblemDev4Name%, 0, %ProblemDev4Value%

HKR,ProblemDevices, %ProblemDev5Name%, 0, %ProblemDev5Value%

HKR,ProblemDevices, %ProblemDev6Name%, 0, %ProblemDev6Value%

HKR,ProblemDevices, %ProblemDev7Name%, 0, %ProblemDev7Value%

HKR,ProblemDevices, %ProblemDev8Name%, 0, %ProblemDev8Value%

HKR,ProblemDevices, %ProblemDev9Name%, 0, %ProblemDev9Value%

HKR,ProblemDevices, %ProblemDev10Name%, 0, %ProblemDev10Value%

HKR,ProblemDevices, %ProblemDev11Name%, 0, %ProblemDev11Value%

HKR,ProblemDevices, %ProblemDev12Name%, 0, %ProblemDev12Value%

See your brains come in VERY handy for those of us who are like

Duhhhh! What?

Personally, If I had the Abit system here, I'd play with it from an DVD+RW till I got it right, but 2 problems.

1: It's not getting mailed till Wednesday

2: There won't be a SATA drive in it... I just wanted it prepared for ... *Teacher who I helped get it* her so if she does get a SATA drive, it won't be nothing for her to get it up and running.

I even threw in a few other software titles letting her know that she'd be responsible for registering them if she does use them and likes them.

She's almost all set! :)

Thanks for everything! And this is for Everyone reading this who has contributed!

It's really apperciated!

Wisc