Start.cmd didn't run on first reboot

:huh:

I got my DVD to boot using nLite and all went well until booting into the OS where the batch file was to run and install a couple programs.

Here is my winnt.sif file at the [GUIRunOnce] section which is where I should put the command right?

[GuiRunOnce]    %systemdrive%\install\start.cmd

I have the batch file in the $OEM$\$1\Install directory. Funny thing is that when I run the file by double clicking it it works. I did see a DOS window pop up and show Error, but I couldn't see what it said.

Anyone have an idea why I got the error?

Thanks,

Chudd :wacko:

Did you copy winnt.sif to C:\XPCD\I386\ ? (before you create the ISO)
Yes, the winnt.sif file is in the I386 folder on my disk.
you of course of the file in $OEM$\$1\Install on your CD?

Yes, the file is in the right place on the disk. It even got copied to the hard drive after install. Furthermore, I ran it after install and it worked perfectly. Just didn't work DURING install.

you also have OEMPreInstall=YES in your winnt.sif file?
Yes my winnt.sif has the entry in it. I know that worked because my video drivers installed during install as well.

Just wasn't sure if I missed something simple. Seems like the most obvious solutions are already done.

put a "pause" in your batch file, so u can read the error 

I will try this and see what it says.

Thanks all :thumbup

DDUUUHHHHH!!!!!! :w00t:

Figured out what I did. Something stupid (which I keep getting better at :P )

I created my ISO image with nLite but little did I know that nLite creates it's own winnt.sif file. So the one that it created was the one that ran. Stiil not bad though...

I have used Magic ISO Maker to edit my image file and will make a new DVD and try, try again.

Chudd

Awesome !!! It worked perfectly...installed my apps, etc.

Now I'll need to figure out what more things I can add to this. This is great !!

Thanks to everyone for their help and guidance.

Chudd :thumbup

to: Cannabilistic Humanoid Underground Dweller: :hello:

I hate those mistakes......and boy do they crop up when you are *SO* sure you've gotten it all right.... ;)

(ok, ok..I just had to respond with that..I couldn't help but think of C.H.U.D - that terrific B movie of the 80's..... heeheehee)

Ran