winpe and XPsetupfiles on same disk?

eplrs

How do i get winpe and XP on the same cd as and make it bootable?

I've been using the MKIMG command after i make a couple changes to I386 source, make my image, boot the cd and am told to insert SP1 into drive A:.

my goal is to boot from a cd with WINPE launch my modified Startnet.cmd, wich inturn will launch dispart, then format the drive and install the OS to C:

I would like to get the install process below 30min

My install from the network takes 52 min.

but i still have a problem with mapping to a network share, the mapping kicks off before dhcp is fully established. if i kick off startnet again then it works fine.

please help

How do i get winpe and XP on the same cd as and make it bootable?

I've been using the MKIMG command after i make a couple changes to I386 source, make my image, boot the cd and am told to insert SP1 into drive A:

Add a dir like WXPP on the CD and then call winnt32.exe from a batch file
my goal is to boot from a cd with WINPE launch my modified Startnet.cmd, wich inturn will launch dispart, then format the drive and install the OS to C:

Easily done with scripts

I would like to get the install process below 30min

My install from the network takes 52 min.

Just have to try and see...
but i still have a problem with mapping to a network share, the mapping kicks off before dhcp is fully established. if i kick off startnet again then it works fine.

Use the START /wait switch in your batch STARTNET.CMD

follow likuidkewl's tutorial on how to do it. It is very simple to follow. I've gotten mine to work great. Only thing is it has to reboot wish it didnt but i guess its part of xp. Once it reboots it copies the files over and starts the installations.

good luck