Restart Problems

There is a program called TimeKeeper Desktop and the silent way to install the program is ... setup.exe -s, but the thing is it automatically restarts the machine once it has finished installing. So while the other programs are still installing once TimeKeeper has fully installed it restarts. Is there a way around that?

The other concern I had was even with the /wait command it still goes to the next program to install. My idea was that the /wait command waits until the programs is completed before going to the next program to install.

I'm almost dont with the unattended cd, but this is holding me back. Please advise.

Thanks once again everyone,

Nick

Sounds like that program uses the Installshield installer. First, you need to do a manual installation using the -r switch:

setup.exe -r

That will create an answer file saved as c:\windows\setup.iss

Each response to a prompt during the installation will be recorded in that file, including the answer given for the prompt asking to reboot. Obviously you want to choose No.

Grab the setup.iss file and place it in the same directory as your setup.exe. That should take care of the reboot problem. Use setup.exe -s -SMS to install.

The -SMS switch should keep the installer in memory until the installation is complete. Hopefully that will solve the other problem.

i'm not sure if you read this one..but here goes...

I'm trying to do a FULL NTFS partition not the quick. But with these commands in my answer file, it's still doing a QUICK NTFS partition. Is there something i'm not doing correctly?

[Data]

AutoPartition=1

MsDosInitiated="0"

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

WaitForReboot=No

[unattended]

UnattendMode=FullUnattended

OemSkipEula=Yes

OemPreinstall=Yes

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

FileSystem=NTFS

Repartition=Yes