ACDSee 7.0 PowerPack - Full

mazin

You're supposed to slipstream it as follows. However, I haven't tested the slipstreamed version myself. So, you test it!

Create a new folder anywhere on your hard disk. I'll assume you name it ABC. Put the following files inside ABC:

1- acdseepowerpack.exe

2- Update47.msp (MSP renamed)

3- ACDSee.cmd

Now, run ACDSee.cmd! After ACDSee.cmd exits, ACDSee folder is created in the root of your system drive. Delete ABC, as it's no longer needed.

To install, run ...\ACDSee\ACDSee.msi as described in my first post.

cls

@echo off

ECHO Creating AIP

start /wait acdseepowerpack.exe /A /S /V"/QB TARGETDIR=%systemdrive%\ACDSee"

ECHO Patching AIP

copy Update47.msp %systemdrive%\ACDSee

start /wait msiexec /p %systemdrive%\ACDSee\Update47.msp /a "%systemdrive%\ACDSee\ACDSee 7.0 PowerPack.msi" /QB

del %systemdrive%\ACDSee\Update47.msp

ren "%systemdrive%\ACDSee\ACDSee 7.0 PowerPack.msi" ACDSee.msi

EXIT

The first ECHO creates Administrative Installation Point out of acdseepowerpack.exe!

The second ECHO patches the AIP!

@Mazin... your amazing! I successfully slipstreamed the update, and it installs perfectly on a VM.

Now, a slightly off-topic problem. On my physical computer, I no longer can open ACD Photo Editor 3.1. When I try to open it, I get a brief "hourglass" mouse pointer, then nothing.

I've uninstalled ACDSee, deleted all "ACD" references from the registry, deleted all ACDSee folders in "Documents and Settings" and then reinstalled. But the problem continues. The problem can't be with my install source because it works fine on the VM.

Any idea how to fix this?

Hi guys, Im experiencing the same problem as DigeratiPrime described on the last page. I cant customize the install options. My mst file does all the registry edits, removes all shortcuts and so on, but installs the full application.

my batch file:

CLS
@echo off
TITLE ACDsee 7 Powerpack

Echo ACDsee Power Pack 7.0
start /wait msiexec.exe /I "ACDsee7.msi" TRANSFORMS="Acdseeunattended1.MST" /qb- PIDKEY=***** LICENSE_MODEL=Full

copy /Y "lmclient.dll" "%systemdrive%\Progra~1\Common Files\ACD Systems\EN"

EXIT

Thanks for any response laser

• 3 weeks later...

@Mazin

hi im having trouble with my ACDSee 7.0 PowerPack - Full install, ive used your method and everything installs and it even registers full version,, but when i test it out after the instal, all the pictures come up black .

any ideal what im doing wrong, ?

• 3 weeks later...

How about this?

Don't even bother taking the MSI from the "Downloaded Installations" directory

Just execute:

START "" /WAIT "acdseepowerpack.exe" /S /V"/qn REBOOT=ReallySuppress" or whatever command-line options you want to pass to the MSI.

And I agree, the whole deal with slipstreaming the updates isnt necessary, just download the current acdseepowerpack.exe - In fact, what I do for a lot of applications that use the same filenames for every version (acdseepowerpack.exe, aawsepersonal.exe & defs.ref, GoogleToolbarInstaller.exe, etc) is place a batch file named "UPDATE.BAT" in the same directory as the program (you need to have wget installed on your system and in your PATH. The batch file does this:

Example:

@PUSHD "%~dp0"
WGET --timestamping "http://files.acdsystems.com/english/downloads/acdsite/acdseepowerpack.exe"

That will change the current directory to the path where the batch file is located and then wget the latest version, the "--timestamping" option is for "don't re-retrieve files unless newer than local."

This simplifies the task of updating some of your applications before you burn a fresh install CD.

And if you want to get even fancier, make a batch file UPDATEALL.BAT in the directory above all of your applications, in my case it is in my $OEM$ directory - which contains this:

@PUSHD "%~dp0" & ECHO OFF

FOR /F "tokens=*" %%x IN ('DIR /A /B /S "UPDATE.BAT"') DO @"%%x"

This batch will look through each directory and execute the UPDATE.BAT if its found, so to update all of your programs you just click a single batch file.

• 5 months later...

Hello!

I made my silent install of ACDsee 7.0 build 102 PP

Everything is perfect but one:

Then i first start program a popup window: "Participate Software Update program"

i click "No Thanks" and OK. No more of this window appear.

How can i disable this window?

Hello!

I made my silent install of ACDsee 7.0 build 102 PP

Everything is perfect but one:

Then i first start program a popup window: "Participate Software Update program"

i click "No Thanks"  and OK.  No more of this window appear.

How can i disable this window?

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ACD Systems\LM\ACDSee\70]
"AgreementAccepted"=dword:00000000

Yes i have exactly this string in my ACDsee.reg

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ACD Systems\LM\ACDSee\70]
"AgreementAccepted"=dword:00000000

all other string is working but this i think not :(

Software update program window is still popup in first run of ACDsee 7.0PP

Strange...