Windows Media Player is screwed up

DarkPhoenix

Basically, it can't play wmv format files anymore. Whenever I play them, this shows up. (see attachment)

It wasn't like that a couple of days ago, and I don't have many wmv files (due to the fact that I hate the format) but many places online uses them, such as www.ebaumsworld.com and so forth, so I need for it to work again... can anyone think of anything? It could be related to some program I've installed lately, but I install and uninstall something in the vicinity of 3-7 programs a day, and can't possibly tell what does what. I blame Microsoft for not doing enough error checking. But that won't help me though.. so, could anyone help me?

Trying "Debug" won't work, VS.NET 2003 only complains there is no managed code (surprise, surprise everyone) and it's apparently the only debugger I've got, so... yuh.

The link to more error information just presents me with a load of crap (I assume machine code or something) plus information about all files involved (and although it could maybe be useful to someone here in order to help me, Microsoft won't let me copy it, so screw that, I won't write it all off...

Well, anyway, thanks in advance if you try to help me, and nevermind the bullocks.. err rant I put up. I'm just annoyed atm.

post-19-1096829374_thumb.png

Ok, I've been getting a similar error from my WMP v9.0. I'm running windows 2000 Sp4. The problem started after I installed the latest Divx codec pack, 5.2.1, not 100% sure of that version #. I have since uninstalled the codec pack and re-installed a codec pack from Microsoft, but the problem persists. The thing is, I get the error if I left click a media file, be it mpg or anything else, and try to run it from the web page. If I right click and save as, and run it from my desktop no problem. I get the Error message and it also has a box checked that says "Restart Windows Media player"