enable list view in explorer via regisrty

You need to set the explorer display settings all at once. To do that, set up the Explorer windows exactly how you want them, then export every in the following key from the registry:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Streams]

Apply the settings at the T-12 (svcpack.inf/cmdlines.txt) stage of setup for the settings to stick.

@RyanVM: oh, im sorry, i forgot to clarify my post :blushing: ... you've said

Apply the settings at the T-12 (svcpack.inf/cmdlines.txt) stage of setup for the settings to stick.

what i meant was in applying registry tweaks that deal with cosmetic changes like cleartype or folder views would be better run during the T-12 stage of setup?

thanks in advanced. :D

As long as we're sort of on the topic of applying HKCU settings during install...

I have one setting that flat out refuses to take unless its set after the XP setup is complete and rebooted. Its the small icons setting. What I'm using is

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SmallIcons]"SmallIcons"="yes"                        ; Use small icons

Anyone else have this difficulty? Or is there another setting / method to accomplish the same thing?