Setup Installer

cancer10

yes, but with the GUI addon (istool) its not so bad.. IMO it makes it better, its free for personal & commercial use.. so u can repack til your hearts content :P

but whatever floats your boat :P

I hate that script based install maker. Setup2Go is free from those scripting

Yes it's also free from the functionality a scipt based installation has.

For simple "install-those-files-here" setups, wizard based installers are just fine. But nothing competes a script in terms of power and customization.

NSIS 2.0 - freeware, and the same one winamp uses.

link

But when an MSI-based installer needs to be created, InstallShield X Premier (google for home-page) - its commercial.

The one I use (setup2go) does not show the manufacturer's name or link on the installer after I installed. It is so awesome.

Ppl think that the installer is officially made by me ;)

and that NSIS 2.0 link does not have any download options :(

and that NSIS 2.0 link does not have any download options :(
Ha ha... That link was referring to "search the fine web" for link to download.

Or do you mean, you can't have a downloadable updates/plug-in option with NSIS?

Here's a real link again - NSIS.

Enjoy!

The one I use (setup2go) does not show the manufacturer's name or link on the installer after I installed. It is so awesome.

Ppl think that the installer is officially made by me.

That is possible with the other installers mentioned above too.

BTW, obscuring your source/installer is NOT a good thing - we'd be far happier to ACTUALLY make something on our own and claim credit for it - than pass off something else as our own. We see enough of that happening with open-source apps being modified and re-compiled, and then being fobbed off as being made by some greedy person - giving NO credit to the thousands of developers globally who collaborated over it. All of us here have our own skills, and can earn enough with it - we don't need to pick on someone else's hard work. We know how much we struggle with our own efforts, and value others' efforts as well.

---oh well, forget it - just a small bit of positive thought there, that's all---

Take it easy

BTW, obscuring your source/installer is NOT a good thing - we'd be far happier to ACTUALLY make something on our own and claim credit for it - than pass off something else as our own. We see enough of that happening with open-source apps being modified and re-compiled, and then being fobbed off as being made by some greedy person - giving NO credit to the thousands of developers globally who collaborated over it. All of us here have our own skills, and can earn enough with it - we don't need to pick on someone else's hard work. We know how much we struggle with our own efforts, and value others' efforts as well.

---oh well, forget it - just a small bit of positive thought there, that's all---

Take it easy

very well said :D

Plus to all setup2go creates bigest setup file that innosetup. And what I hate much more setup2go don't gives me such flexibility as innosetup. If you afraid to type couple lines of code it's exactly not for you.

regards, moo

And yeah.... with reference to setup2go. It is once again looking like an opportunity taken to promote yourself/your own views. Don't spam.

We see that the more popular installers (MSI, InstallShield, NSIS, INNO) have a standard set of defined silent install switches. And the default switches is customizable to have a switch which will install to where you want. So what happens is..... if you know the switch for INNO, you got the ability to install all the 3000 programs out there that use INNO installers. Same goes with others - you can use PIDKEY for ANY MSI-based installer to register with key.

Its been proved over and over again - adherence to standards, and fairplay benefits everyone. I gave one example - the more experienced people here can give many more examples. As someone above said, obscurity and singularity has always led to the perishment of a species.

setup2go=junk.