HALF LIFE 2 - DVD Label For Steam Preload

FthrJACK

but consider now....

buying gold online gets you a prima guide, stickers, posters, and what have you. I personally think they mixed some details up. lol.

But I want to buy the Collector's Edition disc, one so I have an extra key, two so I have the game on a nicely pressed DVD, and don't have to wait for a download if I forgot to backup the download.

Beauty of steam though is you can play your games before they are even fully downloaded. it willd ownload the core files first then the early maps etc etc.

i was able to play opposing force after just 20minutes of downloading.

if you purchase silver or gold off steam you also get the entire valve back catalogue of games bundled with it.

The prima guide and silly stickers in not interested in, sticker i dont want, and strategy guides are just books full of spoilers, a game like this i would rather figure out on my own.

ill be getting the silver pack on steam as soon as i can order it.

the "Raising the Bar" book though... all about the development of the game - now that i would like to own. apparently its a pretty thick book though.

for ppl like me who have slower internet than most ppl (256k adsl <-- shouldn't even be called Adsl anyways)

i'd prefer having things on a cd. i know i can just copy/paste steams directory, but i like to install (just like not ghosting but unattended install :D)

but 1 thing i could change my mind is everyoften steam updates itself so if i install steam, install the game, then it'll update everything (if they rely on steam on don't release dlable exe patches) and that'd be better to keep the updated copy.. well what the hell i'll wait purchase then decide :)

yup, I got my HL2 Silver Pack for $10. And let's not forget Dod:Source , Half-Life: Source and Counter-Strike: Condition Zero.

CZ really made the thing a nice steal. That's still a $50 game. haha.

Now if only my Valve Cache actually fit on ONE DVD.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey FthrJACK,

Great graphics skills you've got there buddy! I dunno if I would have the patience or the steady hand to do that, lol :lol:

I would love to see the label on the retail CD/DVD to see how they compare -- I'm sure you've done a much better job!