Control Bandwidth of every PC in the LAN

Does any body knows how to control bandwidth of each PC in a Local Area network?, I use one ethernet to get connected to Internet and other one to share the access with other 3 PC's in our little LAN, but i want to give just an amount of bandwidth to the others PC's....

Do you know a program who can do this?, we are using XP SP2 in all machines.

Thank's for your time

This is per pc

go to My Network Places icon in your desktop ,right click ------>Properties------->

local area connection------>properties------->at the general tap there is a configuer tap ,press it --------->Advanced tap ,in this dialog look to property &try to find Link Speed &Duplex choose it &at the right panel adjust the desired value (i.e 10Mbps)

But if you want for the whole LAN ,it should be a control switch for the B.W behind your LAN switch .

Best Regards,

I'm using this. It's very effective especially in my Cyber Cafe environment! Traffic shaping is carried out on a network server. There is no need to install any software on client machines to limit bandwidth.

checkout:

http://www.bandwidthcontroller.com/

And you can download the 30day trial at:

http://download.com.com/3000-2085-10188776...page&tag=button

• 6 months later...

hello,

I've been trying to find a program that fits my needs. BWC seems to, except for one thing: I don't want a server pc, I want the following setup:

Main PC -------|

PC 1 -----------|--- Router ----- Internet

PC 2 -----------|

Router has a wireless connection to PC 2. I have no problem with a client application, as long as it is password protected (so that the normal user can't change settings). That client application keeps the stats of the pc it is on. I want to be able that when I turn on the Main PC, it updates it's stats, and the other PC's stats, so that I can see what they downloaded/uploaded. If possible, the users get a warning when they are getting near to some limit of bandwith (for example 5 GB). The client apps also limit the download/upload speeds when the Main PC is on :whistle: (guess who has the main pc) or at least give the priority to the Main PC to use the total speeds.

Does anyone know of such an application?

edit:

anyone knows if track4win could do this? (atleast the bandwith part, not the speed part)