Beginners Problems

amigaman

Hello, all!

At first, i'll have to say: Thank You, Mr. Kalytta, for this wonderful stuff. :thumbup

Then the Problems begin... :(

I would like WIHU to install several Programs on my unattended XP-SP2-CD.

So i placed a "$OEM$\$1\install\" folder on my CD, containing WIHU and Supportfiles. I made WINNT.SIF call WIHU with "%systemdrive%\install\wihu.cmd".

So far this works good.

The INSTALL.INI held a lot of sections like

description.4=Nero 6 3 1 25
command.4=cmd /c %systemdrive%\install\nero.cmd
selected.4=1

I did so, because some of my settings include Serial Numbers, or renaming of Folders and such.

(WIHU is not able to run multiple programs for one Item itself, isn't it?)

The cmd-file looks like this:

cmdow @ /hid
set dir=%systemdrive%
echo -------------- >>%dir%\wihulog.txt
echo Installation von Nero 6 3 1 25 gestartet >>%dir%\wihulog.txt
%dir%\install\nero63125.exe /sn=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx /write_sn /silent /noreboot /noui
echo Fertig. >>%dir%\wihulog.txt

This works well, if started alone or as single checked option in wihu.

BUT: if i check more than one item, all installations are started simultaneously, complaining that one installation is running, which has to be ended first.

What is the cause?

BTW: Is it possible to let items mutual exclude each other or the like?

(Example: Nero and InCD - Nero alone works fine. Nero and InCD together work fine, also. InCD alone does not.)

So if i check option 1 (Nero) the option 2 gets ungrayed (InCD).

if i uncheck option 1, option 2 gets deselected and grayed out.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I posted this question to other Forums as well, and some guy gave me a hint:

I repack my setups with winRAR (.Net FX 1.1 SP1, for example), and let WinRAR-SFX start the *.msi with /qb.

Now WinRAR-SFX extracts the contents to \temp, starts the msi and ends, which lets (Script or wihu, i don't know) think the program is installed and continue to start the next one.

Does anybody know a solution for this, or is this not the real Prob?

I am working on this, trying to build a cd without repacked setups, but there is not enough space, so this may take a while.

@amigaman:

Instead executing batch file, you should use subcommands which may be hidden/locked to prevent someone from select/unselect them.

But IF you use batchfiles you have to prevent that more than one installation process is running the same time. This has nothing to do with WIHU, it is Windows specific.

Please use "start.exe" for this purpose then.

Btw. why dont you use following:

[Nero & Other Apps]
description.0 = Nero Burning
command.0 = "%SystemDrive%\install\nero63125.exe" /sn=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx /write_sn /silent /noreboot /noui

BTW: Is it possible to let items mutual exclude each other or the like?

(Example: Nero and InCD - Nero alone works fine. Nero and InCD together work fine, also. InCD alone does not.)

Also here, you should use subitems like this:

[x] Nero
   [x] Nero InCD

It's just a simple command.0 and command.0.0.

Benjamin

I used Batchfiles because some programs need special commands like folder renaming, adding regkeys, or installing two exes after each other.

In this way, i may just copy the entry in install.ini and change the name of the .cmd-file.

I now have found out, that my problem arose from WinRAR-SFX. I included the call for the setup in WinRAR, so if i start the exe from explorer, the program is dearchived and started. But what you can't see is, that WinRAR-SFX-process ends, when the archive has been decompressed and the given command is started. So my script or Wihu thinks the setup is over, in fact only the decompression has ended. I changed the script wihu starts, to extract the SFX-Archive to a given folder, the starting the setup-exe itself, now it works.

The Nero script was the shortest one i had in my collection. AcroReader needs a much higher sophisticated one, i thought it would be better not to post it here because of its length.