Battle Field 1942

FthrJACK

I got the demo from PC Gamer but it runs glitchy from time to time.Minimum memory is 256 which is what I have but it will probably run better with 512.A real mem hog.Nice graphics though.You are in a bunker and have to figure out how to assault some ememy tanks and bunkers.Haven't got into it much.

the game is ok, but they seriously need to optimize it, I have a geforce3 ti200 128mb video card and i have to run it at 1024x768x16 color if I don't want the game to go painfully slow (I can run games that have much better graphics at 1152x864x32 smoothly), and it keeps accessing the harrdrive all the time. hopefully they fix this in the final version since I have the demo.

pfft bf1942 is a sweet game its nothing like mohaa!

its designed to be a full scale WAR aimed at being played over the internet!

that screen shot doesnt do the game justice either and the icons arent all blurred like that in game

btw the game runs fine on my raddy at 1600x1200

ive been playing it, this game kicks a**!

especially online. ive just ordered a geforce 4 ti440 128mb too as im disilusioned by ATI, the game should run even beter then :)

i dunno why elites images turn out funny but mine are fine, i pressed print screen sys req key, and opened the tga file with XNVIEW (freeware app, posted about it in software hangout)

heres a screenie from me, 1024x768 res

Screenshot

THis game is a MOHAA KILLER.. simply put. Just wait until they release some fixes for it. But the game is very demanding on the machine.

If you can't run it, it's most likely time for an upgrade, because future game releases are going to be demanding on the PC hardware IMHO.

I love how you can take control of the vehicles, aircraft, and boats. In the full version there's submarines etc...

I am amazed at the graphics, the playability and the overall design of the game. The commands are also very kewl.

A few things I'd like to see,

skinability,

different voices, not just one generic voice over and over,

and

FASTER SERVERS!!!! hehehe

10/10 in my book.

BB

It's only my opinion ok, I still play a 99/2000 game named CodeName Eagle which is also made by dice, and they tried to make BF1942 look like this (the arcade) so I expected it to be allot like it but it wasnt, when I joined a game it was like this: bout 5 people waiting for a plane and when someone actually has one they get shot by their own team anyway. And the controls of the planes are somewhat weird for me.

nsh.. im with boogs, its a MOHAA killer, omaha beach rocks! much more real than mohaa was.

this game gets beter the more u dig into it, at first i thought "its alright but not amazing.." but the more u find things, like dropping cameras and driving a 4 man bomber around (loads of fun is that :) ) you really begin to appreciate how excellent this game is, i havent played anything as good in a long time.

A few things I found out:

1 if you have problems with stuttering or skipping during game play, try reducing the audio properties low, and change the HERTZ to 11

Then restart the game.

Second thing

to display the FPS during game play open the console by pressing the TILD button (~)

Then type

console.showfps 1

ENjoy,

BB

my best tip is to press F10 when flying, makes life much easier.

parachuting into enemy territory is kool, grab a plane, fly over the base you want to capture and press E to exit the plane, then press 9 to open chute, it rocks!

anyone know how to open the door on the landing crafts? i cant find the key.. i have to jump over the gun mount to get out lol.

the door on landing craft should open when you are drving forwards on its own there is no button to open it.

btw, thanks for console command to show fps just looked at mine im getting a constant 100 :)

im gonna try and find a way to increase the view distance past 100% :rolleyes: