How to check build ?

Wor

Hello how can i check what build my xp is? Im right now running Win 2k and i don't really want to install xp before im shure i got build 2600, is it possibel to check the build on the cd?

Sorry my bad english :hohum

Guest LouCypher

You guys missed the point. winver isn't going to do him any good if he wants to tell what build his copy of XP is BEFORE he installs it. It'll just give him the version of Windows 2000 he's running. Checking the Version info under Properties for the SETUP.EXE is the right way. He didn't want to install the wrong version.

Thanx Lou...I know what you mean...Wininfo 2.4 is what most people use to check out their version of XP. The trick is to find that small but accurate little prog.

As far as before installing, Lou is right, you have to check out the files such as dates and what Lou posted above.

Rick

[b:4ecc6f1f2c]

Sure....but that doesnt always mean what it says is true. Explore cd look for readme file or setup.exe....right click and choose properties.Look for version. [/quote:4ecc6f1f2c] [/b:4ecc6f1f2c]

[b:4ecc6f1f2c] LouCypher - [/b:4ecc6f1f2c] the point wasnt missed. My first responce to him already stated what you repeated. As my quote show above.

-Chris

When i did the stuff with right clicking the setup file on the cd this was writtin under fileversion: 5.1.2600.0

can u guys tell if its the final version ? it looks like build 2600 but would like to hear from u experts :)

Guest LouCypher

[b:217184fc4b] [/b:217184fc4b]

[b:217184fc4b] LouCypher - [/b:217184fc4b] the point wasnt missed. My first responce to him already stated what you repeated. As my quote show above.

-Chris [/quote:217184fc4b]

There were more responses than just yours. The other posts prior to mine after yours were only telling him how to find out what the version was once he had already installed it. Besides, you said he could check the readme file which wouldn't have done him any good anyway.

It doesn't matter anyway because he's already done what both of us have suggested, and he's good to go.

[b:e2495b23d7]

Explore cd look for readme file or setup.exe....right click and choose properties.Look for version. [/quote:e2495b23d7] [/b:e2495b23d7]

Cheers:beer to ya LouCypher...So true....Hey what the heck is with the Charles manson picture ....So you like him

:nerves :nerves :nerves

-Chris

Im your friend:D