problem with vga adapter (win98se)

Iceglow

Hi I recently installed win98se corporate edition on my pc after too many bugs with win98a made me format it, however now I get a problem with my vga adapter that is annoying cause I can't go higher than 400,600 res and 16 colour. My graphics card is a ge-force2 tnt. I have installed the latest of the nvidia 98/me drivers and it still won't accept them. It says my VGA adapter is not compatible with the hardware :}

You also need to be sure you have installed the driver(s) for your monitor. And if the latest driver for the video call continues to refuse to work go back to the next previous driver until you find one that works.

To be certain you have no other drivers interfering boot to safe mode and look at what video drivers are installed in Device Manager. Using safe mode it will reveal the hidden ones (if any). Remove them all and boot normally and install the video card drivers.

One thing I've found works best is NOT to install when windows detects the need for it during boot. Cancel the wizard and let it finish booting. Then go to Device Manager and install the drivers.