Silently install Office2k3SP1 after fresh install

PoNi

I like the way i run my install of Office 2k3 on my DVD, but i was wondering if there is a way to silently run the SP1 update after my office is installed. I know ther are 3 updates that i know of ..

Office 2003 Service Pack 1

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

Visio 2003 Service Pack 1

Update for Outlook : Junk E-mail KB870765

Can someone help me ??

Remember I want to silently install ... not slipstream...

Remember I want to silently install ... not slipstream...
<----
You could also just slip stream the Service pack1 and the updates to your install folder.
:blink::blink:

PoNi, yes as Alanoll said, "/QB" on the SP1 updates should be enough to make the updates happen silently.

Thanks guys for you help .. Looks like you have to use the /Q command. I now have Office 2k3 working with all of the updates and my source is only 1.17 gigs :). Much smaller then most .... Here is how i did it if anyone is interested...

I basically copied down the source from my AiO disk, created the MST files. I install each one first, and then run the updates..Works like a charm....

Here is the script that i used ...

;Installing Office 2003 Suite
start /wait %cdrom%\Applications\MSOffice2003\OFFICE\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=UnattendedOffice.mst /qb-
start /wait %cdrom%\Applications\MSOffice2003\FRONTPAGE\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=UnattendedFrontpage.mst /qb-
start /wait %cdrom%\Applications\MSOffice2003\VISIO\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=UnattendedVisio.mst /qb-
start /wait %cdrom%\Applications\MSOffice2003\PROJECT\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=UnattendedProject.mst /qb-
start /wait %cdrom%\Applications\MSOffice2003\ONENOTE\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=UnattendedOneNote.mst /qb-

;Office SP1
start /wait %cdrom%\Applications\MSOffice2003\Updates\Office2003SP1-kb842532-fullfile-enu.exe /q

;Visio SP1
start /wait %cdrom%\Applications\MSOffice2003\Updates\Visio2003-KB840663-FullFile-ENU.EXE /q

;Project SP1
start /wait %cdrom%\Applications\MSOffice2003\Updates\Project2003-KB837240-FullFile-ENU.exe /q

;OneNote SP1
start /wait %cdrom%\Applications\MSOffice2003\Updates\OneNote2003SP1-kb842774-fullfile-enu.exe /q

;KB870765 Update for Outlook : Junk E-mail KB870765
start /wait %cdrom%\Applications\MSOffice2003\Updates\office2003-kb870765-fullfile-enu.exe /q

Where I work, we extracted the msp and then run it using /qb-! not sure of the reason behind it but it works.

WshShell.Run "msiexec.exe /p " & OFFICEFOLDER & "\office2003\updates\servicepack1\mainsp1ff.msp /qb-!", 1, True

WshShell.Run "msiexec.exe /p " & OFFICEFOLDER & "\office2003\updates\servicepack1\owc102003sp1ff.msp /qb-!", 1, True

WshShell.Run "msiexec.exe /p " & OFFICEFOLDER & "\office2003\updates\servicepack1\owc11sp1ff.msp /qb-!", 1, True

Running MSPs is just another alternative. Your admin wants you not to interrupt installation. This is why there is an !.

qb Basic UI

qb+ Basic UI, with a modal dialog box displayed at the end

qb+! Basic UI, with a modal dialog box displayed at the end, with a hidden Cancel button

qb- Basic UI, with no modal dialog boxes

qb-! Basic UI, with no modal dialog boxes, with a hidden Cancel button

• 2 years later...

Ok please help me

I tryd to connect this two things

i have made a nlite copy of the windows xp cd and then the office2k3

i try to make everything unantended but somethings worying me

how to connect each of them together

i have readed everything about this

the batch files the sif files and and

but is there a guide how to connect them

must i copy all the files of office in the folders of OEM structure or what or must i winrar it a self extracting archive or what

Is there a good guide how to do that

Help me please a good guide?

TNX ?