J2SE 5.0 has gone final

RyanVM

How I got it to work.......

I use WPI but should be the same command elsewhere just lose the WPI stuff.

I extraced the 7z archive ad put it in my %systemdrive%\install in a folder called jre.

Here is the WPI code I use and it works ok.

prog[pn]=['Java2 Runtime Environment 1.5']
desc[pn]=['A must have, if you want to run JAVA applications. <b>REQUIRED</b>']
cmd1[pn]=['msiexec /i %systemdrive%\\install\\jre\\jre5.msi /qb /norestart ADDLOCAL=jrecore,extra /norestart']
dflt[pn]=['yes']
cat[pn]=['Internet Applications']
forc[pn]=['true']
ordr[pn]=[8]
pn++

RyanVM, I tested the test build #3 on my own machine by doubleclicking the file (the first test was on VirtualPC and RunOnceEx, as I said before) and it rebooted.

This is beginning to get really weird :blink: I have no idea why it sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't.

I think I'll try the build #4 on my own machine soon, as I really wan't to get this working :)

x00783, Why do you have the /norestart swithc twice in your code?

RyanVM, I tested the test build #3 on my own machine by doubleclicking the file  (the first test was on VirtualPC and RunOnceEx, as I said before) and it rebooted.

This is beginning to get really weird :blink: I have no idea why it sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't.

I think I'll try the build #4 on my own machine soon, as I really wan't to get this working :)

Yeah I do. It was a typo. It worked on my machine that I had already installed.

I think I might have found something interesting. When I tried the runonceex on an already installed OS (installed jre 1.4 from my unattended install, then uninstalled it to simulate no jre installed) it installed ok. At this point I assumed everythign was ok.

I burnt the DVD to disc and performed the actual install with my switches as posted earlier and it gove me the message saying the computer should be restarted and I clicked no and it went on ok.

The only thing that I can think of is that if there was or is an installation of JRE on your computer it wont force a restart. I am going to test some other witches and post back what I find out.

This is certainly VERY interesting.

Louis

RyanVM, I tested the test build #3 on my own machine by doubleclicking the file  (the first test was on VirtualPC and RunOnceEx, as I said before) and it rebooted.

Yeah I do. It was a typo. It worked on my machine that I had already installed.

I think I might have found something interesting. When I tried the runonceex on an already installed OS (installed jre 1.4 from my unattended install, then uninstalled it to simulate no jre installed) it installed ok. At this point I assumed everythign was ok.

I burnt the DVD to disc and performed the actual install with my switches as posted earlier and it gove me the message saying the computer should be restarted and I clicked no and it went on ok.

The only thing that I can think of is that if there was or is an installation of JRE on your computer it wont force a restart. I am going to test some other witches and post back what I find out.

This is certainly VERY interesting.

Louis

It prompted you to restart because you didn't put a Reboot=Suppress switch in the command line.

Still kicking the crap out of me. I tried everything I can think of on this and still no look when installing from a fresh install. I think that if you had JRE already installed at some point then it wont give that stupid reboot.

FYI. Tried reboot=supress and reboot=reallysuppres. no go.

• 5 weeks later...