J2SE 5.0 has gone final

RyanVM

Ryan, I just extracted your jre5.exe (which I had downloaded like 5 times and every one of them restarted Windows after installation) and made a 7z installer from the extracted files with that exact config and guess what? It worked perfectly! So thanks for sharing that piece of code with us :)

:lol:, the only difference between what I posted and what's used in my SFX installer you can download is the ADDLOCAL line. I don't install the multilanguage stuff for my personal version, but I use ADDLOCAL=ALL for the public one. So maybe that's causing the problem.

Hmm, this is really weird. I have the exact same problem as Frank_Sechrist. I installed this on my own computer (normally from Windows) and it worked fine, but when I tried my unattended install (for the first time ever on a real computer) and installed it from RunOnceEx, it restarted. Strange.

changing the config.txt used to build the install program to the following fixed it for me

;!@Install@!UTF-8!

RunProgram="StartX.exe /WAIT \"msiexec /i jre5.msi /qb-! ADDLOCAL=ALL IEXPLORER=1 MOZILLA=1 REBOOT=ReallySuppress JAVAUPDATE=0\""

;!@InstallEnd@!

Open the sfx file in resource hacker and change it. I then UPX compress it afterwards.

I've found using anything other than Resource Hacker simply corrupts the file, when you change the icon. I too compress it with UPX however I get...

upx: jre5.exe: NotCompressibleException

I guess that means that it's as small as it'll get (even after using the force compression switch).

Open the sfx file in resource hacker and change it. I then UPX compress it afterwards.

I've found using anything other than Resource Hacker simply corrupts the file, when you change the icon. I too compress it with UPX however I get...

upx: jre5.exe: NotCompressibleException

I guess that means that it's as small as it'll get (even after using the force compression switch).

You obviously have no clue what you're doing. You need to edit the 7zip .sfx file. Try reading the 7zip help on making self extracting archives before doing anything else. :rolleyes:

You obviously have no clue what you're doing. You need to edit the 7zip .sfx file. Try reading the 7zip help on making self extracting archives before doing anything else. :rolleyes:

Now why would you assume that? :huh:

Since you posted the contents of your config file, everything has gone fine as regards to making self-extracting installers.

Trying a few applications, I found Resource Hacker to be the only program which didn't corrupt the actual installer when changing the icon.

I actually found out about UPX by reading the help file! However since I hadn't used it before, I entered the command on it's own and tried different switches it supports.

EDIT: Compressing the actual SFX module, reduced the archive file size to the same as yours.

Edited by Cee-Kay

Now why would you assume that? :huh:

Since you posted the contents of your config file, everything has gone fine as regards to making self-extracting installers.

Trying a few applications, I found Resource Hacker to be the only program which didn't corrupt the actual installer when changing the icon.

I actually found out about UPX by reading the help file! However since I hadn't used it before, I entered the command on it's own and tried different switches it supports.

EDIT: Compressing the actual SFX module, reduced the archive file size to the same as yours.

I said that because you were trying to change the icon of my installers and UPX compress the EXE rather than the SFX module like I told you to do. That's a fairly good indicator ;)

I said that because you were trying to change the icon of my installers and UPX compress the EXE rather than the SFX module like I told you to do. That's a fairly good indicator

I was trying to change the icon of the installers I created myself. However I did misunderstand your previous post of applying the icon and compressing the actual module itself as opposed to compressing the exe. :lol: