silent ACDsee?

QKnet

I've just downloaded ACDsee Powerpack 7.0 (30 days trial :angry: ) and tried unattended installation. I followed the instructions for installShield with the line "setup.exe -R". The setup ran well. But I found no setup.iss file in C:\Windows like it was stated in the instructions.

Any idea or other instructions from you?

Thx all

Alanoll is correct. The msi is wrapped using Installshield. You must pass msi arguments to run this silently. Look in the application switches thread. I posted ACDSee switches and examples.

(Hint: run the setup you downloaded and look in your temp folder before setup finishes or use /a on the setup)

Alanoll is correct. The msi is wrapped using Installshield. You must pass msi arguments to run this silently. Look in the application switches thread. I posted  ACDSee switches and examples.

(Hint: run the setup you downloaded and look in your temp folder before setup finishes or use /a on the setup)

Actually I did lookinto the temp folder. But ACDsee didnot extract to the folder but to a subfolder. That's why I missed.

I used this to get it unattended

@echo off

cls

Echo Install ACDsee Power Pack 7.0

start /wait msiexec.exe /I "ACDsee7.msi"  TRANSFORMS="unattended.MST" /qb-

call unlock.cmd

Thanks all for reading

(I'm not so sure that putting the "call unlock.cmd" here would break the forum rules)

Man....it's good beign right :P

As for classic, I think it's /S. Not sure, I have 2.43 somewhere, ir 2.42 one of the two (before 3 came out and it became classic) and i remember seeing wise on it. But it could very well have changed since then.

Actually, v7 might be even faster than classic (or very close to anyways) unlike v6 which was quite slow. Also, classic is not much more than a plain picture viewer, it doesn't have most of the features the newer ones have.

Yes, valid lic. users will need to activate ACDsee 7 to use any of the various programs.

ACDSee32 (v3.) does use wise installer commands. (/s)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Side note:

For those who like ACDSee32.....

Do an admin install of ACDSee7 and copy all files (+ all files located in the 3 subfolders) from

ACDSEE7ADMININSTALLROOT\Common\ACD Systems

to the plugin folder for ACDSee32

(default: C:\Program Files\ACD Systems\PlugIns)

for added and updated features and file format support.

Ofcourse this also works for ACDSee 4,5,6, mPowerTools as well.

I have 2.43 somewhere, ir 2.42 one of the two (before 3 came out and it became classic) and i remember seeing wise on it. But it could very well have changed since then.

ACDsee is getting bloated like Norton. I uninstalled ACDSee 7.0 and installed ACDSee32 version 2.4. :D

ACDsee is getting bloated like Norton. I uninstalled ACDSee 7.0 and installed ACDSee32 version 2.4. :D

V5 and 6 sure were getting that way. v7 imho isn't. It's as fast as 2.44 on my PC making thumnails and viewing my 5mb JPEGs, and has a TON more features. 2.44 misses so much features for the average photog that it's not even an option anymore, even if it's faster than v5/6. v7 rocks :thumbup (If you just use it for quickly viewing pr0n, I suppose 2.44 is okay :lol: )