see who's online and doing what

prathapml

Hey ya MSFN regulars....

You know what you are doing, right?

Want to know what OTHERS are doing? Interesting way to kill your time. :lol:

See who's online - You can see who is browsing what topic, and whether they are posting/reading/PMing/etc.

In fact, this link is there on the main-page itself. But dunno how many people use this feature. So I posted this here to test what the response is like.

I dunno why, but since msfn is on IPB, I'm sort of fascinated with it. I detest vBulletin and phpBB. Why? The above feature (and much more) is not there. Moreover, once we shift to IPB 2.0, more interesting things come in. Like for example, you can channelise user accounts for search engine crawlers (from Admin Control Panel). Well, its **** **** funny to see GoogleBot browsing a certain topic, then seeing Personal Messages, then e-mailing topic, before moving on to the next topic (which usually only humans can do). You will see atleast 4 or 5 Google crawlers on this site at any point of time.

Hey ya MSFN regulars....

You know what you are doing, right?

Want to know what OTHERS are doing? Interesting way to kill your time. :lol:

See who's online

I detest vBulletin and phpBB. Why? The above feature (and much more) is not there.

err... you obviously don't know your way round vb very well. :rolleyes:

"Who's online" has been a feature of vb for years.

Its on the Currently Active Users: link.

BTW,hello to all my old msfn buddies. Its been a while. Have chatted to xper on msn a few times but don't have much time to come over here any more. ;)

reverend, you're right there. :) And don't take the words used for vB too seriously, its just a word used there, that's all.

And yup, hi to you. I see you're here after a long time. So TZ is more enjoyable then? Oh well... Welcome back. :)