Request: Repair/First Aid Kit for Windows

nekkid

Wow it's been a long time since I've posted here in the forums!

This isn't really a question, more of an educational thread I suppose. Basically what I'm looking for is the collection of software you use to protect your PC. I'm going to be purchasing a USB flash drive (128MB) and I'm planning to use it as a repair/first aid tool for my PC as well as friends/family. Now just to clarify, I'm not looking for just a firewall, or JUST a spyware removal tool...I'd like you to list everything you use on your PC to help clean/protect it on a regular basis.

For example (I run the following on my Windows machine for protection):

Ad-Aware

Spybot Search & Destroy

Windows XP Firewall

TuneUp (I think it's called, I'm at work so I don't remember LOL. Registry cleaning.)

Google Toolbar (For popups)

So that's pretty much what I'm looking for. Just a list of programs you use together to protect/clean your computer. I'm really not interested in a "Suite" of software unless it includes the functionality of EVERYTHING I've listed about and/or more so if you're using let's say "Norton Internet Securities", I'm not interested in that. I'm looking for a collection of different softwares for this job. :)

Also, one more thing....if the software is free, even better!

Thanks guys!

webroots spy sweeper

spyware blaster

pest patrol

registry first aid

get rid of the xp firewall, i mean its good but i don't really know what's going on with it. doesn't report much, go with sygate or zone alarm or to disable everything on your comp go with symantec internet stuff.

sp2 has pop-up blocker its good, :)

i used adsgone for a while good.

i usually choose the programs where there are tools like immunize,

i've disabled most of the ad's so instead of blocking them it prevents them from loading, same goes with spyware and pop-ups...

this is as far as i can remember right now...

for each thing like spyware, registry, defrag i prefer using more than 1 program. most programs leave left overs, if u're really looking for complete removal of bogus stuff use more than 1..