Game Continuum will not log on servers

DakotaSunRunner

Hi All,

Here is a question for ya. I play a game called Continuum (or use to) formerly called subspace. It installed correctly and it engages correctly but will not log onto any servers to play the game. I installed the patch for the loop problem and it still will not log onto any server. I also shut down the firewall and virus protection in case that had anything to do with it and no go, will not log on to any server. I uninstalled it and installed it again and still no go.

I have been having microsoft tech support helping me with it and their conclussion is, uninstall SP2. Wow what a revelation that was. Been playing with this for three weeks now. The game works but will not log onto any server. I have no problems with any other software on my computer, just only Continuum.

It has me baffled and obviously Microsoft is baffled also. Anyone with any ideas? I will not uninstall SP2 for a game as I find thier security to be good. To me, uninstalling sp2 is admitting to defeat, but obviously Microsoft has no better idea than to do that. :blink:

Thanks much,

Dakota SunRunner :unsure:

Hi All,

Here is a question for ya.  I play a game called Continuum (or use to) formerly called subspace.  It installed correctly and it engages correctly but will not log onto any servers to play the game.  I installed the patch for the loop problem and it still will not log onto any server.  I also shut down the firewall and virus protection in case that had anything to do with it and no go, will not log on to any server.  I uninstalled it and installed it again and still no go.

I have been having microsoft tech support helping me with it and their conclussion is, uninstall SP2.  Wow what a revelation that was.  Been playing with this for three weeks now.  The game works but will not log onto any server. I have no problems with any other software on my computer, just only Continuum.

It has me baffled and obviously Microsoft is baffled also.  Anyone with any ideas?  I will not uninstall SP2 for a game as I find thier security to be good.  To me, uninstalling sp2 is admitting to defeat, but obviously Microsoft has no better idea than to do that. :blink:

Thanks much,

Dakota SunRunner  :unsure:

What exactly is happening? I'm assuming you're choosing a server with people on it....when you select the server and hit connect what happens?

What port does it require for communication with those servers?

Windows Firewall has enough flexibility to open a specific port (let's say.. port number 800 for example) for the EXE you specify.

You can get that configured from Control Panel >> Windows Firewall.

What port does it require for communication with those servers?

Windows Firewall has enough flexibility to open a specific port (let's say.. port number 800 for example) for the EXE you specify.

You can get that configured from Control Panel >> Windows Firewall.

Hi

well I do not use windows firewall, I use zone alarm pro. In the software there are many different zones to different servers depending on which area you wish to play. They all use a different port to log on to thier particular server.

The software finds the servers, all of them and there are many. When I try to log on, it says cannot log on or lost server connection or some such thing. Even when I turn off the firewall and anti virus software it will not log on to any server listed and gives the same error, connection to server lost.

This is funny too, when I first installed sp2 the game played fine. But my computer did a flip flop on me and I had to reformat and reinstall everything. This is when the game stopped logging on to any server. So it is anyones guess I gather and I suspect if microsoft cannot figure it out, then maybe no one else can either.

I thought perhaps NOD32 or the Firewall stopped it's log on, and it might yet be that, but I sure cannot find what it is. So who knows, but I thought I would ask the question here....I can hope at least.

I am not too upset over this, as everything else works fine, no other problems, just this game.

Thanks much,

Dakota SunRunner

:hello: