Wraith

Do you (still) use XPlode in your unattended setup  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Do you (still) use XPlode in your unattended setup

• Yes
    • No

Wraith..... man....

Is this a question to ask at all?

XPlode is firmly entrenched in my scheme of unattended things. Maybe the reason you ask is that not many new converts are happening. Well, it so happens that there's a time of excitement around something, and those of us who were around at that time are influenced by it - the new-comers might just find XPlode too hard (but believe me, nothing is easier than using XPlode for your unattended).

but believe me, nothing is easier than using XPlode for your unattended

i second that... it may b a little hard initially...but once you get the hang of it... its a way better option than any other alternative

I've still been using XPInstall cause for some reason its always used less cpu than xplode, art the moment i'm a bit short of time so i cant test the current release but i'm surely going to use xplode 2 once its released.

PS: I'll finally be able to get rid of the start /wait i have to use in xpinstall by calling a .bat file, to mimic the NoWait of Xplode.

I still think it's THE most easy to maintain and usefull thing i have found here! :thumbup

But i must say that i agree with DREW...

I'm pretty sure that lots of people are happy to use it when the doc's are more clearer for a ..newbie. I had my portion of trouble to get it running smooth, but after that: WHOEPIE!!

(whoepie?? did i say that?? :P )

drew dude... XPlode as a new app? :lol:

gotta be kidding... literally seems to have been around for ever!

umm... and what did you vote for BTW? (curious to know how widely used is XPlode)

I suppose you and me old-timers needed no docu because we were sitting right there beside it when it was being developed (seeing the new XML tags materialise one-by-one)..... heh, wraith ya remember my impatience for the next release, and our waiting for you to wake up? :D Seems like stories from a forgotten and by-gone fairy-world. *nostalgic*

XPlode is integral to my installations; I run it twice. Once at T-13 for hotfixes, drivers, users, and registry tweaks. Then again at first logon for program installations and file copying (over network) duties. I love the XML structure and besides my current XPLODE/SP2 issue, I think it is the premier application for accomplishing program installation, registry and shortcut manipulation, user creation, and file system operations during unattended installations. I believe the features for XPlode2 will only make this program stronger and I eagerly await its release.

I think the community here knows that documentation is necessary and I am sure that members will write guides with the release of an XPlode2 beta. Once the learning curve is flattened out a bit I know that more people will use XPlode for their own installations.

Thank you Wraith for all of your hard work and dedication to this project. If not already clear: my unattended installation would not be the same without it.

if i were you, the first thing to do after the release of XPlode is a clear (step by step) guide also for new-new bies like me in this unattended installation.

sincerely i tried to do an unattended installation, but there was always something wrong with it, so i stopped :(

in my opinion a great tool is that when a clear guide comes with it, so cmon let's go writing :hello: