how do i make xp sp2 smaller?

oofki

Yup, we all want to make it as small as possible. Remember, you delete things at the cost of losing what you can do if you had NOT deleted it.

But if all you are going to do with your unattended CD is to boot-up from it and install, then you can delete a lot of things. Just remember, to keep another CD with ALL files (that is, not unattended and no files deleted) - that way you can use this other CD for whatever your unattended CD can't do.

Now, this is the page of the guide which tells you how you can cut-down size - http://unattended.msfn.org/xp/space_saving_tips.htm.

Do tell us at the end, as to how your CD works - and if you have any more questions. :yes:

well i have a guide which will let u make ur xp installation smaller, it's untested, do it on ur own risk, but i have nearly done all steps in the guide and never encountered any serious probs, u have give me an idea, see my new topic the small windows folder

well..... oofki wants to reduce size of the service pack itself, all the suggestions here are all talking about a merged XP+SP2 CD!

@oofki

There's not any substantial reduction possible, if you do delete any files after extracting from the service pack downloaded, you might run across unexpected errors.

@jassalmithu

The others here are talking about how to get more free space on Windows install CD. After install, those folders can be deleted of course.... but that doesn't help the cause. And yeah, nothing beats nLite for that purpose - check it out.