slipstream sp1 vs sp2

Hello everyone,

I was wondering, is anyone still continuing to slipstream sp1, or did everyone go to sp2?

On upgrades I've found sp2 uninstalls the mfr's wdm in favor of msft wdf uni-drivers. Moreover some, wdm drivers run on top of a wdf layer. This is, of course, in addition to other resource hits, and advanced usage issues.

For the time being, I'm trying to keep my sp1 slip, and periodically testing an sp2 slipstream and upgrades, but generally waiting for mfr's to release new drivers (I can't wait to slipstream 30+ wdf). I'm hopping most mfr's will have new drivers by Christmas.

Why's this important? When sfc runs, one needs to have the correct image available.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Found SP2 to be better in every which way. I slip-streamed SP2 within a week of release. The drivers used are the same.... maybe specific hardware has issues, but on the whole, they are same.

Very few people are still on SP1 (and those are the vociferous minority who say SP2 is not good, the silent majority has moved to SP2).

Thumbs Down for sp2, because when i first installed it on a clean system (XP PRO without sp1), it corrupted my bootsector, thus being unable to boot back into windows. after a reinstall of windows xp (PRO) i first applied SP1 (wich i have on cd), and then applied SP2, all went well. After another test (Clean install without SP1) and installing SP2 it again overwrite my bootsector.

Now, SP2, too.

Got two problems, so far, one with BlackICE, and the other with Dr Watson. I can live with them, but not forever.

Oh, and I slipstreamed SP2 over WinXP-Pro-SP1a and had no problems upon installation nor after installation, except those two above.