Microsoft vs. M*c*s*ft

SiMoNsAyS

I want to tell you the story, about a spaniard who owns a domain. Adviced by Microsoft, the company have demanded the site because of a similar and peyorative domain using the most important lawyers in Spain: "Gomez-Acebo & Pombo, Lawyers".

WIPO Case Number. WIPO=World Intelectual Property Organization

COMPLAINT TRANSMITTAL COVERSHEET

Nightmare,

Poor kid will have to submit as nobody can pay for the 1000's of lawyers M$ will use to beat him

Scary thing with the intellectual property is that M$ haven't written any software ever, as far as my memory serves, they've always bought or borowed code and then produced, so, are they not then commiting intellectual theft themselves?

Personally, I have to agree with Microsoft on this one. I mean the font, words look like Microsoft's logo...

I mean, demading him to give it to them is a bit much but to me, whoever owns that www.mocosoft.com site was asking for it.

the guy has to pay $2000 if he want the tribunal to be constituted by 3 judges and not 1 (more possibilities to win), and that it's the beginning. what about if he win? he can demand m$ for damages?

what it's really interesting it's that m$ have demanded the site for the similar domain and the similar logo, nothing related to the content... :huh:

The same thing happened to a place that used a logo that was too close to the Google logo (had nothing to do with Google, just happened to use the same colors, in the same order and the same style).

They lost ofcourse. This is the same thing really. Big corporations are really taking this copyright thing to far.

@prathapml sorry, i can't give you the propper link, you know it's a site full of ads and illegal warez, that it's the thing, m$ demands the site because of this logo...

mocos.jpg

...but not because of it illegal content huh :no: i only can send u an image... the description can be traduced like...

Build a Windows ISO with only the components that really interest you. Free.

ps: i know i know it's an ugly desktop, i'm waiting to format later tomorrow and i don't want to expend much time deskmodding :P

Edited by SiMoNsAyS

• 3 weeks later...