ghost32.exe - HDD access after imaging.

edg21

I do not believe that you can access the HD after imaging it. When we used PQdeploy, Powerquests 32bit command-line driveimage type tool, per their support, we could not access the drive via drive letter, but could possibly use a tool that came with our license to access the HD. BUT, we could only copy down a newer version of a file that already existed in the image.

I do it all the time.

I pull a network image using PQIDeploy and slam it to the Hard Drive. I then mount that new volume using Disk Part to a useable Drive volume under PE (drive C:). After which I copy all my drivers to the new volume. Works like a charm.

The VB code alone to manage creating, deployng and mounting volumes is over 500 lines.

Mike... Call me if you need help on this.

Chris

Love it, learn something new every day. Thanks Chris.

After looking at doing images and basically not being able to standardize on one desktop/laptop, we decided to go with a complete unattended method for installing os's and software. We still use PQdeploy for backups and restores but that is about it.

Mike

Don't give up.

I ran into the same problem. I have 17 servers to support (Old Compaq <with system partitions> , HP and IBM). I made it work. Takes a bit of legwork, but it is possible.

I have 3 master images on the network that do it all. One for Standard Edition, one for Enterprise Edition and one for Web Edition. I even scripted the creation and sysprep of the images!

Getting this out of the way has staged me for PXE as soon as MS releases ver 1.6.

Seriously.. Call me when you have some free time and we can chat about it.

Chris

I do it all the time.

I pull a network image using PQIDeploy and slam it to the Hard Drive.  I then mount that new volume using Disk Part to a useable Drive volume under PE (drive C:).  After which I copy all my drivers to the new volume.  Works like a charm.

The VB code alone to manage creating, deployng and mounting volumes is over 500 lines.

Mike... Call me if you need help on this.

Chris

I'll give it a try & post my results.