im so confused ! whats the best UXTheme.dll ?

the uxtheme.dll file is a language dependant file (for the most part). The English version may work on the hebrew, but it may cause unfor seen errors. You have two roads to take.....

Use nLite....it should work. It just searches for a set number of bytes. Or Go to RaveRod's site for the HEX things to search for and patch it yourself...

Or Go to vorte[x]'s website (www.vreality.net i think) and send him your uxtheme.dll file and he'll patch it and add it to his archive for others as well.

Which XP do you use. the patched Uxtheme.dll must be according to your Xp version you use. Do you have XP home, XP professional, XP Pro + SP1, or XP Pro + SP2.

Send me a PM with your mail address and I will send you all the Pacthed DLL's as well as a Small Patch utility program If you want to patch it yourself.

All the Patched versions I have have been tested and work 100%. I have never had a problem with these I have. The utility program is also great. The name is neowwin uxtheme patcher. Work awesome... on ALL versions of XP and different XP service packs..!

I can send you the files or you can download..

A site that have lots of info is http://themes.belchfire.net that have the <<spam>> utility as well as prepatched Uxtheme.dll's

Hoverhead

hello hoverhead. i have read this topic about uxtheme patched.

i got the italian version of windowsxp professional with SP2, what should i do to have the patched version of uxtheme.dll?

these files above are good for me?

THANKS ;)

Magic dude....

I dont know about the Italian version... As I understand it will work ONLY with the English version. I use the English version and it is working GREAT in the English version ...

So be carefull. However to play it safe use the UXTheme_Multi_Patcher__Neowinn_Edition patcher and patch it yourself. This patcher do work on ALL versions. I have used this patcher on XP, XP SP1 as well as XP SP2, and I have had no problems with any version.

Download the "Neowin_Patcher" patcher and rather use that. You can find file under themes.belchfire site. If you cant find it PM me with your mail address and i will send it to you.

If you are going to use the above files rather FIRST make a backup of your std XP uxtheme.dll file first before dropping in these files.... Just to play it safe..

Keep well in Italy.. where are you situated in Italy.. My roots is also in Italy.

Chiao

thanks hoverhead, i'll give a try.

happy to hear you like italy, i live in the very middle, in Siena (maybe you know Palio, the horse race which comes twice a year :P).

now i'm trying with <<spam>> multipatcher 2.5 so i'll post the results :) thanks

nice, it's rare to find italians or people with italian roots here, happy to know you, i've been once in Torino, great city :P

now let's come to the uxtheme topic, before we get banned :w00t: ,so see you again here on MSFN, and if you need, i attached the uxtheme.dll italian patched file.

have a great day B)

ciao