Install AIM 5.9.3690, No Ads!

a06lp

• 2 months later...

I get an error that says the archive is currupt or of an unknown format while trying to rar it, any ideas? if i click on zip instead of rar i get an error that says archive corrupt, so im thinking something corrupt, but Aim runs fine for me, and i am closeing and exiting aim while trying to rar it.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

u mite wanna update for the new version of aim. version 5.6.3702.found out that is uses the AimRes.dll instead of msvcr71.dll. hope that helps.maybe making a new guide would be nice.perhaps giving just a lil credit to me?but mostly to u for making this!@!!thx again.been trying to find a way to silently install AIM and adhack.this way is just so much more simpler!thx again.

• 6 months later...

what i do is install aim, then middle man (logging), then aim ad hack. Copy the entire c:\program files\aim and c:\program files\middle man, then extract them to thoughs directorys on the new install, then open regedit and copy everything in aim then import the res. works fine for me.

has anyone gotten the new aim triton to work yet?

Edited by twizt3d

• 11 months later...

ok, i was more comfortable with option 2....however, as I plug into runonceex, do i need a switch for aiminstall.cmd? this is what I have so far....

REG ADD %KEY%\042 /VE /D "AOL Instant Messenger v5.9.6089" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\042 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\aiminstall.cmd" /f

Switch2me??!?! Or is that good enough? :thumbup

- Jeff

• 3 months later...

I'm working on the first(best) method using SFX. Seems like a pretty sweet deal. I got it done up to step 10. Then I get a little fuzzy. Where do I stick the two files on my CD? And how do I run them in the setup?

Thanks

Mike