Daemon Tools Final Solution

GDragoN

Hi,

Well, the solution is in using the T-12 point and cmdlines.txt. Here it is:

In the cmdlines.txt:

[COMMANDS]
"daemontools.cmd"

Create daemontools.cmd, and put in this:

START /wait %systemdrive%\install\DaemonTools\daemon.msi /quiet /passive /qn /norestart REBOOT=ReallySuppress
EXIT

Put both files in $OEM$ folder, and it is done. When the installation starts, it takes some time (around a minute or so). Just wait until it finishes, it will work OK.

Millan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

this is the only way to do it and to have driver for SCSI virtual drive installed. If you use RunOnceEx, you will get New Hardware Wizard to install driver. You can make a small change and use CMDOW program (copy it in System32 folder in $$). Changed code:

cmdow @ /HID
@Echo Off

START /wait %systemdrive%\install\DaemonTools\daemon.msi /quiet /passive /qn /norestart REBOOT=ReallySuppress

EXIT

This way you will not even see the window that installs the program and the driver.

Millan

from runonce still works if you use nlite to remove the update driver from web prompt. this has already discussed before and there is a guide somewhre ;)

I've tried it that way before using [GuiRunOnce] but still the driver search comes up. Running the install @ T-12 is the only solution I've found for a totally silent install. The method works with both Daemon Tools & Alchohol 120%.

I actually try to install most of my programs at T-12, all though there are a few that won't work properly from there. It just trial & error.

i don't recommend cmdlines for those programs, install a driver when registry hives aren't still finished... :unsure:

anyway for me works perfect that way, i also added some no-driver-updates prompts to my regtweaks file and always worked flawlessly

I install Daemon tools 3.47 from RunonceEx like this :

Daemon347.msi /qn reboot=suppress

I have no popups at all.

btw you can use daemontools in scripts too :

Daemon -mount 0, "path-to-cue-file"

and

Daemon -unmount 0,

• 2 weeks later...

Try this in the regtweaks.reg for the disturbing windows driver update:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DriverSearching]
"DontSearchWindowsUpdate"=dword:00000001
"DontPromptForWindowsUpdate"=dword:00000001

Does this help?

Grtz!

vondaher

• 1 month later...

Why do you guys use start /wait in batch files?

At least during Windows XP Setup all my batches run fine without adding start /wait. Also with this one on T13. I'm using Windows XP Professional SP2:

cmdow @ /HID
@echo off
%systemdrive%\install\DaemonTools\daemon.msi /quiet /passive /qn /norestart REBOOT=ReallySuppress
EXIT

odd. swear i used a reg tweak to remove the web prompt, and it worked silently on my virtual machine

but for some reason when i actually used it on a real machine it prompted me for the SCSI drivers...

yeah got a point...is it possible to integrate the SCSI drivers that DT uses?