Windows Update Security Warning

MtK

• 5 months later...
OK, I've got them all. Time for playtime B)

And now for some good news...

If you take the following 13 files from the cabs downloaded from the image above, compress them and put the files in your i386 folder (replacing the old ones), Windows Update v5 works as if everything was installed.

cdm.dll

iuengine.dll

wuapi.dll

wuau.adm

wuauclt.exe

wuauclt1.exe

wuaucpl.cpl

wuaueng.dll

wuaueng1.dll

wuauhelp.chm

wucltui.dll

wups.dll

wuweb.dll

I noted that there are 7 cat files, should we put them in \i386\svcpack or other place and prevent the error messgae in setuperr.log? As you know, if any error be logged in setuperr.log, it looks not professional.

Are those cat file really needed?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to add the files from the link suplied in this thread to my UAXPCD when I get home - this thread is quite old though, are the files still up to date or will I still have to install more software when I run Windows Update?

• 4 weeks later...

From my beta testing of it, it appears there is at least one new file with WU6, so a little txtsetup/dosnet modification may be required as well. On the other hand, it could just be with the beta. We'll see what happens when it goes final. As for when that'll be, I have no clue.

From my beta testing of it, it appears there is at least one new file with WU6, so a little txtsetup/dosnet modification may be required as well. On the other hand, it could just be with the beta. We'll see what happens when it goes final. As for when that'll be, I have no clue.

they haven't released it yet, right?

so, why do I have it installed on this machine?

It's still in beta, and it's possible you followed a link to the beta site at some point in the past, at which point the files were installed.

MS released a wireless hotfix awhile back that could only be gotten from WU6 beta, so I'm guessing that's a time you might have gotten it.