Need to do an unattended install on sil 3114

Activate: AMD

I need to do an unattended install in order to use my sata drive. i do not have a working floppy controller, so even if i use a new drive th f6 thing wont work! thus, i must use the unattended install. i have tried Pure Krome's method, but it did not work. i am also looking at raskren's method, but unfortunately, i am uncertain as to whether i am supposed to create the folders i am lacking or whether they should be there. I would also like to slipstream my install to SP2 and would like to make sure that the method i am using will not be adversely affected by the upgrade.

I AM A N00B! i have never done this stuff before! please help me so that i dont have to get a new motherboard or sell my new raptor!

Learn and read from the guide buletov said, as well I did in several other topics, in which you asked the same question as here. (at least three times)

Getting your raptor to work hasn't to do ANYTHING with drivers! Remember, drivers are there for hard disk controllers, not for hard disks themselves!

Bâshrat the Sneaky

Calm down, man, just cause your a NOOB doesn't mean that you have to get hysterical! I am a NOOB too, I only found out about Unattended Installs because I downloaded a program called MARCELLEXP, and was intrugued by it. It took me a long time to find out what it was cause everytihng was in French!

Since then I have been working hard and reading a lot. If you just read you will find the answers to almost all of your questions.

Like they said earlier, go here: http://unattended.msfn.org it solved most my problems. Between that site and this forum I have had much help.

Now you say that your floppy controller doesn't work, correct? Is your motherboard capable of booting off of the CD-ROM? If it is, then you just follow the guides, they all show you how to create a bootable CD-ROM using CDIMAGE.

Also, if you would have gone to http://unattended.msfn.org you would have realized that pretty much the first step is Slipstreaming SP2 onto your disc.

You say that you have tried different methods, but at the same time don't know what the folder's do, or why they are there. You need to SLOW DOWN, take a DEEP BREATH, and try to LEARN what you are doing. If you know what you are doing, it makes troubleshooting that much easier.

Being a NOOB is no excuse at all for going into a forum and just demanding results without reading. I started this 2 weeks ago, and its been constant reading and upgrades to my disc (as well as constand reformats of my hard drive [i prefer not to use VirtualPC]). Anything worth doing is worth working for.

Calm down, man, just cause your a NOOB doesn't mean that you have to get hysterical!  I am a NOOB too, I only found out about Unattended Installs because I downloaded a program called MARCELLEXP, and was intrugued by it.  It took me a long time to find out what it was cause everytihng was in French! 

Since then I have been working hard and reading a lot.  If you just read you will find the answers to almost all of your questions. 

Like they said earlier, go here: http://unattended.msfn.org it solved most my problems.  Between that site and this forum I have had much help.

Now you say that your floppy controller doesn't work, correct?  Is your motherboard capable of booting off of the CD-ROM?  If it is, then you just follow the guides, they all show you how to create a bootable CD-ROM using CDIMAGE.

Also, if you would have gone to http://unattended.msfn.org you would have realized that pretty much the first step is Slipstreaming SP2 onto your disc.

You say that you have tried different methods, but at the same time don't know what the folder's do, or why they are there.  You need to SLOW DOWN, take a DEEP BREATH, and try to LEARN what you are doing.  If you know what you are doing, it makes troubleshooting that much easier.

Being a NOOB is no excuse at all for going into a forum and just demanding results without reading.  I started this 2 weeks ago, and its been constant reading and upgrades to my disc (as well as constand reformats of my hard drive [i prefer not to use VirtualPC]).  Anything worth doing is worth working for.

yes, yes i know... im sorry

i followed the unattended.msfn.org guide, down to the letter, this is whats so frustrating! i've followed 3 guides and so far none of them have worked. this last one i tried, the one linked here was easy to follow, but then i had to use GreenMachine's method of integrating the drivers, and i have no clue what went wrong, but something did. can i post screenshots here? maybe someone can give me a hand and point out what isnt right

Okay, im getting close, i can feel it! i added the Sil 3114r controller into the following folder C:\XPCD\ $OEM$\$1\Drivers\001\Si3114r, added it to the TXTSETUP.sif in the right places, but it says that it cant find Si3114r.sys, which is in the folder!

See following Pic:

screen1redone.jpg

what is wrong with this? why cant it find my file?

and also: is this correct?

screen2.jpg

thanks for the help!

UPDATE: I used the MassStorage drivers pack, and was able to get it to work so that i could format the drive. however, the installation of windows failed after the installation files were loaded onto the hard drive (at which point the computer reboots) after that point i got a BSOD that told me windows had halted to prevent corruption with some 0x00000etc error. so i booted using my IDE drive.

is it possible to do the install from within windows using my oringinal CD?

at this point i have the drive, it is formatted, so will I be able to put the original WinXP cd (or one that is just a basic slipstream) onto this hard drive from within windows, without worrying about the f6/ RAID and SATA drivers?

okay, i tried Method2 (Pyron's method) with the MassStor pack. I was successful but was unable to boot into windows after an initial first session of windows. I installed windows, and i was able to boot into it once, but not a second time. the scrolling bar would go for like 5 times (way more than should be expected on a raptor) and then freeze, and i would have to do a reset.

any reasons for this? known issues? etc..

like i said before, im using the Si3114r

You need to use a full qualifying path in your oempnpdriverspath=

Your file has:

oempnpdriverspath="Drivers\001\Si3114r"

It needs:

oempnpdriverspath="%systemdrive%\Drivers\001\Si3114r"

or

oempnpdriverspath="C:\Drivers\001\Si3114r"

You need to use a full qualifying path in your oempnpdriverspath=

Your file has:

oempnpdriverspath="Drivers\001\Si3114r"

It needs:

oempnpdriverspath="%systemdrive%\Drivers\001\Si3114r"

or

oempnpdriverspath="C:\Drivers\001\Si3114r"

@Metzen - That is incorrect! You don't need to specify the full path for the oempnpdriverspath.

@AMD - change your oempnpdriverspath="Drivers\001\Si3114r" to oempnpdriverspath="\Drivers\001\Si3114r"

@Metzen - That is incorrect! You don't need to specify the full path for the oempnpdriverspath.

@AMD - change your oempnpdriverspath="Drivers\001\Si3114r" to oempnpdriverspath="\Drivers\001\Si3114r"

Well... You learn something new every day. :)