Unattended Windows Installer Gui in C++?

Hey guys,

Love this site!! :w00t:

I am working on making a "Unattened"OS install CD that would basically install from a variety of OSes and apps all on a DVD. It is going to boot into BartsPE (bootable XP environment), and from there I want something similiar to This Front End to install the different options and so forth.

I am not able to get this front end to work (Java is a pain), and was going to give it a whirl in C++. I have a basic knowledge of C++ (loops, for, do-whiles, ect..). I was wondering if anyone can suggest a path (C#, C++, ect..) that I could learn that would be able to produce this kind of interface?

The original maker of this front end is a great guy, has tried to get it working for me, but I kinda want to make my own and plus its a great excuse to further my knowledge of C++.

Things to note:

-This Front ends needs to be customizable (able to add different apps (for silent installs), tweak scripts, ect...)

-If it was something that could be ran from an autorun (ie. an exe) that woule be great. (easier to troubleshoot)

-It needs to be simple to operate (we're not talking rocket science here! :whistle: )

Based on this, can anyone suggest which C language I should focus on? Suggestions of any sort are much welcomed! :rolleyes: