IEAccess=Off doesn´t work!

artbio

Hi!

I have the following entrys in winnt.sif:

[Components]

IEAccess=Off

OEAccess=Off

Wich are suposed to remove "Internet Explorer" and "Outlook Express" icons from Start Menu, Quick Launch and Desktop, but those icons are not being really removed!

Help please!

Thanks!

It doesn't remove the icons, as that isn't the request of IEAccess=Off.

The request is to stop access to IE, so it can't actually be used.

You'll notice this, because when you click on it, you'll get the InternetOptions dialog appear.

Those icons are changed via,

right click on the taskbar

select properties

select start menu

click customize

and you can then change the icons that appear.

Hope that helps.

@artbio

What you're doing is the correct method. IEAccess=off is the value that removes links to IE and similarly for OE as well.

But if you apply any updates (the monthly security patches) for IE or OE, the links get restored! I suppose that's what is happening in your case. Do test once without IE patches, and post back on how it goes.

@artbio

What you're doing is the correct method. IEAccess=off is the value that removes links to IE and similarly for OE as well.

But if you apply any updates (the monthly security patches) for IE or OE, the links get restored! I suppose that's what is happening in your case. Do test once without IE patches, and post back on how it goes.

Thank you for your help.

I am not applying any patches.

I moved the [Components] section in winnt.sif for the last, i.e after all other sections. Than i gave it another try and it worked!

However i made onother change to winnt.sif file and therefore i don´t know wich change solved the problem.

The other change was from "UnattendMode=ProvideDefault" to "UnattendMode=FullUnattended".

Anyway, i will be applying those monthly updates in the near future, so i will keep your suggestions.

Thanks again!

PS: Now i will try the same way with the [Display] section, to see if it works!