Cable Internet but Slow...

Synapse

just got done moving and got my cable internet. its advertised at 1500/150 speed. well.. i've noticed I get a lot of page cannot be displayed messages and MS-Dos Command prompt things such as netstat ping and tracert take A LOT longer. anyone know how i could fix this... or is this the ISP itself?

Also.. this ISP enforces a cap... if you download over 500 megs or upload more then 56 megs within 2 hours then they cap your speed..I've felt it almost as low as a 56K modem.. I find that stupid as i'm paying for the cable let me use it. I'm always on WebCam with my GF and upload about 14kbps which is roughly 100 megs uploaded in that 2 hour window.

I've just reread all their paperwork and user agreement crap and didn't see a single word on them capping speeds but got this information off dslreports.com. The internet gets soo slow that i'm laggy as hell on my webcam can't talk and can't see or hear her so my gf and I just end the video connection and i'll still lag.

i'll also send her an IM on AIM and listen too how long it takes for her too get it. sometimes its up in the 1 minute - 2 minute time.... *having her say I Love You then me replying back too her saying "I love you too" only too have it take 2 minutes for her too get it.. she even once went into this big fit of "oh what you had too think about it..."

and now i'm rambling on.. sorry :P