is logging the RunOnceEx window possible?

Hey...

Well when my runonceex command window is running it goes really fast but I can see errors but can not read them because they fly past so quickly.. So I was wondering if there is a way I can log that window and the error messages to find my errors and fic them? Is that possible?

Any help would be appreciated.

While helpful that is not exactly what I am looking for... When my file "RunOnceEx.cmd" executes it is giving errors about some of the commands I told it to enter into the registry, BUT I am unsure which ones are giving errors and what the errors are as they scroll past very quickly when it moves onto the next command. I need a way to log the execution of the CMD file... not the execution of the registry entries.

If you are just worried about the cmd files then why don't you try redirection.

moo.cmd >> C:\my.log 2>&1

The >> will output stdout to the my.log, the 2>&1 is saying to put stderr the same place stderr is going. I'll leave it up to you to learn how to put it in the registry.

If you are just worried about the cmd files then why don't you try redirection.

moo.cmd >> C:\my.log 2>&1

The >> will output stdout to the my.log, the 2>&1 is saying to put stderr the same place stderr is going.  I'll leave it up to you to learn how to put it in the registry.

I am not overly sure if I understand correctly how to use that... but let me give it a shot. Would it work if I were to edit my "cmdlines.txt" and made it look like this:

[COMMANDS]
"useraccounts.cmd"
"bootlogo.cmd"
"RunOnceEx.cmd >> C:\Errors.log 2>&1"

You can test your .CMD script independently of setup: just run it from a command prompt, and check the RunOnceEx key in the registry after to see what has been correctly added. You can also direct the output to log files, add your PAUSE statements, etcetera.

Thanks for all the help...

Using:

[COMMANDS]
"useraccounts.cmd"
"bootlogo.cmd"
"RunOnceEx.cmd >> C:\Errors.log 2>&1"

Ended up working just fine for me and gave me the log I needed. Now to sort through it and figure out all my errors... :(

I'm sure I'll post again needing help fixing some of the errors.