Install rebooting after network setup.Around T-30

r4esh

My new slipstreamed XP cd with SP2 and other crap reboots durring the install right after it finishes the "installing network" phaze (around T-30), and the installation process starts all over at like T-39 or somthing. Why is this? how can i fix this?

I am asuming that sence it errors during the network install then the problem relies within the winnt.sif file so here it is.

;SetupMgrTag

[Data]

AutoPartition=1

MsDosInitiated="0"

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[unattended]

UnattendMode=FullUnattended

OemSkipEula=Yes

OemPreinstall=Yes

UnattendSwitch="yes"

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

Hibernation=no

UnattendSwitch=yes

WaitForReboot=Yes

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\000_Chipset;Drivers\001_MA-101;Drivers\002_VideoCard;Drivers\003_DVD-Burner"

[GuiUnattended]

AdminPassword="*****"

EncryptedAdminPassword=NO

OEMSkipRegional=1

TimeZone=15

OemSkipWelcome=1

[userData]

ProductKey=*************************

FullName="Tyler Durder"

OrgName="Lotus : Graphic Design"

ComputerName=Lotus

[Display]

BitsPerPel=32

Xresolution=1152

YResolution=864

Vrefresh=85

[TapiLocation]

CountryCode=1

AreaCode=85719

[RegionalSettings]

LanguageGroup=1

Language=00000409

[identification]

JoinWorkgroup=*******

[Networking]

InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

Home_Page=http://www.lotusds.tk/

[Components]

msmsgs=off

msnexplr=off

freecell=off

hearts=off

minesweeper=off

pinball=off

solitaire=off

spider=off

zonegames=off

[GuiRunOnce]

%systemdrive%\install\batch_file.cmd

Uh dude... i jsut put the stars so taht i wasn't giving away personal information.....

My company administrator rescricts me from giving away the workgroup sence we are on a wireless network and we are a large organization.

• 1 year later...

I realize this is and old thread, and I have searched this forum and the net for the answer but have been unable to come across one. I used to have this problem a couple years ago, then for some reason it went away for a while, and now I have been experiencing this problem again for some time. I can't remember the various ways I have gone about building my unattended installs to tell why sometimes it does this and other times not, but I do know that when it is happening I have to leave my network cable disconnected from the internet in order for an unattended install to continue past the T-30 min remaining mark without rebooting and restarting in and infinite loop. I also can't recall if i experience this in VMWare or not to be able to tell if maybe it is a driver issue or not. So i am basically wondering if this issue has been resolved by someone or if anyone has any ideas. Thanx

• 1 month later...
I realize this is and old thread, and I have searched this forum and the net for the answer but have been unable to come across one. I used to have this problem a couple years ago, then for some reason it went away for a while, and now I have been experiencing this problem again for some time. I can't remember the various ways I have gone about building my unattended installs to tell why sometimes it does this and other times not, but I do know that when it is happening I have to leave my network cable disconnected from the internet in order for an unattended install to continue past the T-30 min remaining mark without rebooting and restarting in and infinite loop. I also can't recall if i experience this in VMWare or not to be able to tell if maybe it is a driver issue or not. So i am basically wondering if this issue has been resolved by someone or if anyone has any ideas. Thanx

Hi,

I started playing around with nLite no that long ago. I bumped into the very same problem, and finally fixed it.

Your are trying to set up a computer with a "ComputerName" that is already connected on your network.

In your unattented parameters unset "ComputerName"

Gilles

@Gilles: Thanks for answering this old post. For some strange reason, I started having this problem this morning and when I came here to find the answer, it was right on top of the recent posts. Talk about timing :lol:

Thanks again. :thumbup